Looking for low fat, carb, and sodium dinner ideas

Options
CandiceJohnson86
CandiceJohnson86 Posts: 3 Member
my husband and I are trying to have our larger meals (carbs) during either breakfast or lunch, while trying to stick to lean proteins and veggies at night. But this can get real boring real quick. Ideas anyone

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Plain grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast? Veggies have carbs...they're mostly carbs, actually.
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Taco salad! I cut up chicken and sautee with taco seasoning. serve it on Lettuce with bell pepper, Radishes and olives. add some salsa instead of dressing.

I also like to make egg salad wraps. Hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, pickles, olives and celery. wrap in lettuce leaves. its filling and easy to do. nice and cool on Hot nights too!
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash! It's so good and you can do lots of things with it!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    megsCA wrote: »
    Taco salad! I cut up chicken and sautee with taco seasoning. serve it on Lettuce with bell pepper, Radishes and olives. add some salsa instead of dressing.

I also like to make egg salad wraps. Hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, pickles, olives and celery. wrap in lettuce leaves. its filling and easy to do. nice and cool on Hot nights too!

That's a lot of carbs. OP is trying to avoid them.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Asian lettuce wraps, stir fry, chili, stew, soup, salad, vegetable noodles or vegetable rice (Inspiralized Recipes), cauliflower rice/risotto/couscous/grits, stuffed vegetables (zucchini/squash boats, stuffed peppers, stuffed tomatoes, stuffed eggplant, stuffed spaghetti squash, etc), kebobs, burgers wrapped in lettuce or greens, or just some kind of meat - we love to smoke wings, and roast some veggies on the side.