Introductions

Options
Hi everyone. Newbie to mfp. I have about 20lb to lose.

So a little history. I use to have "issues", with food and weight and stuff. Use to want to starve or go to really low weights to make others happy, particularly my mom who has been calling me a fat b!tch since primary school. And other people who teased me as being a fatty.

But I decided the hell with them recently. A month ago to be fair. I'm not torturing myself anymore for them. So I'm aiming for a healthy bmi. Right in the middle of the range actually. And I'll lose a pound a week. If I can.

Only thing bothering me is sweet cravings. I have very weak self control and I give in after 3 days of having the craving. That's my biggest hurdle. But I've just added snacking as well, so that will hopefully help. Anyway. Just wanted to say hi, so hi. :)

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    it's pretty easy to work something sweet into your calorie goals every day. I eat a piece of dark chocolate nearly every day.

I'm glad you're not paying attention to those negative influences on you anymore. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
  • ForestFairy022
    ForestFairy022 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes I know. But it doesn't quite work that way for me... I'd want another...and another...and another. So I've decided on fruit instead of chocolate for now. I don't go back for seconds when it comes to bananas. But I'll go buy a single serve treat once or twice a week.

I think the reason I'm like this is probably because I used to restrict to like 600 a day before turning my back on people. Right now I'm doing 1200-1400 a day depending on how I feel. Plus exercise calories. Bit of a shorty on this side. My maintenance is 1600.
  • ForestFairy022
    ForestFairy022 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Also, restricting that low has given me permanent low blood pressure. That could also be a cause I think? Of the sweet cravings? At least my doctor says so. He didn't put me on meds though. And salty foods don't help all that much. But yeah.
  • bloody88
    bloody88 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me was to eliminate added sugar stuff as much as possible for the first 2-3months of logging.
    From fruits i went with granny smith apples that didn't trigger any cravings. Later on i gradually added them back and now i can say no to icecream after having like 2 spoons of it! You might want to give that a go and see how it goes.