Why is this time different?

Options
Hello Lovely people,
I'm on my second attempt at weight loss. The first time I lost 55lbs after my daughter was born. It came off quickly and then it didn't anymore. That's where I lost focus and fell back in to my old habits. I gained back the 55lbs plus some. Just like that. Flash forward to now I am on a mission to change my entire lifestyle and get healthy. So now I've lost 33lbs and I'm feeling great. Which brings me to the discussion title. A lot of people have tried multiple diets fads, sought out third party help (Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, etc), hired trainers, joined a gym, etc... A lot of those same people fail. Just like I did. Which made me look at myself and ask "Why is this time different". This time I am trying to educate myself. Understanding nutrition and why its important. understanding that eating properly is NOT just about keeping my calories in check, but about fueling my body with the RIGHT foods. I've come to the conclusion that food is not meant to be pleasure. It's meant to be a source of nutrition. Sure you can enjoy the food you eat, but not in a "OMGINEEDMOREOFTHATDELICIOUSGRAVYSMOTHEREDDEEPFRIEDCHEESECOVEREDTHING". Most importantly... this time it's a lifestyle change. Not a diet, not a fad, not temporary. This time I take my health seriously and do better.

What about you? Why is this time different?

Replies

• Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Before I tell me story I will say I don't like the term 'fail'...maybe slipped, up but failed sounds permanent and if you've gone on to lose 33 lbs then its not permanent :smile:

This time is different as I'm losing the weight for different reasons. Before I just wanted to be slim and be like all my friends who were slim and used to wear nice clothes when they went out. Now I understand about being healthy and looking after myself.