Calorie breakdown

Options
how many calories do you eat a day and how is it broken down for meals?

For example total: 1550
Breakfast: 23%
Lunch: 27%
Dinner: 36%
Snack: 14%

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You're over complicating things...

Eat when you're hungry so you're satisfied. Pre-log if you need to.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I eat the amount of calories I calculated based on my goals-currently 2000/day. I eat when I'm hungry-most of my food is in the late afternoon and early evening.
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Depends on your goals - and by that I mean peri-workout (resistance training) nutrition IS important for optimal results but that kind of meal timing is geared for those who take training and physique very serious. As for the average person, @IsaackGMOON hit it on the head. Eat when hungry, hit your calorie, protein, carb, and fat goals and work in fruits and veggies to hit your micronutrients as you see fit.
  • rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1600-1750 / day depending on exercise levels.

My meals are usually around 300-450 calories, usually aiming for a medium size breakfast, larger lunch and smaller dinner. I eat 2-3 snacks a day between 100-250 calories each.

My day is also heavily influenced by pre and post work out nutrition for around when my work outs are so this also may slightly shift things. I like to pre-log most of my day so I can gauge my macros accordingly.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    During the week I eat about 1300 calories. Usually 250-350 for lunch, and the rest at night. On the weekends I think I eat around 2000 but the timing varies greatly.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Some people eat more in the morning and taper down by dinner time. Others flip that scenario. Do whatever helps you stay consistent.
  • Ramon0517
    Ramon0517 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 2000 cal daily but I always seem to stay under everyday I eat 5 meal a day breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. This process keeps me feeling great through out the day and not hungry at all oh and lots and lots of water.