GPS App for Biking

Options
I'm looking for an app that will allow me to create my own bike route but then it will say the directions to me during my ride just as my gps does when I'm driving in my car. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Strava.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Strav might. Other wise I'm 100% certain you can do google maps and switch the mode to biking.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Following along.

I've wanted to do this in the past, too... but couldn't find anything.
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My husband swears by strava. It hooks up to mfp too.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So I tried Strava out this past weekend and although it was very easy to create my own custom route, it did not speak the directions to me just as my gps would when I'm driving my car. My thing will be to try google maps again. I tried google maps before but it was difficult trying to create my own route. I'll keep you guys posted. And if anybody has any other suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Liks Sat Nav, only for bikes

The biggest problem though is lack of battery life on a phone as it doesn't last for more than a couple of hours at best.
  • bulletprooffool
    bulletprooffool Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ridewithgps
  • njfitnessmom
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    Liks Sat Nav, only for bikes

The biggest problem though is lack of battery life on a phone as it doesn't last for more than a couple of hours at best.

msf74...this sounds perfect for what I want to do. If Google maps doesn't work, I will be giving this a try. Thanks!

• njfitnessmom
    Options
    So I was finally able to create my own custom map on Google Maps. Hopefully I can get out on my bike tomorrow morning to see how it works for turn by turn voice navigation. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the suggestions.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Still following along. msf's suggestion looks interesting, especially the off-line option.