Afraid to get started?

I signed up here years ago, but never used it. Now I'm trying to become a regular logger and participant, but I'm having some trouble getting momentum.

I got to my highest weight ever last year. At 5'6 I was 264ish pounds. Last summer I worked really hard, strenuous cardio routine and serious calorie restriction, and got down to 218lbs. After moving in with an amazing man and getting oh so comfy, I've gone back up to 236lbs.

I don't want to continue to back slide, but every time I get back to weighing and measuring food, and trying to work out it's almost like something in me panics. The scale moves a couple pounds and I end up binging, which makes me feel better/awful.

I have a crazy hectic life, but I know I could make working out work. My boyfriend is so supportive and is as helpful and motivating as he can be. We cook together, and he's gotten the hang of measuring ingredients before he makes things. So everything is in my favor, but I don't know what it is that seems to be holding me back. What am I so scared of? Anyone else been here?

Replies

• mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Fear of failure maybe? You've got what a lot of people don't, support. You just need to take charge of your life and say "I'm doing this" take a picture of yourself from when you start and every time you feel like binging or giving up take a look at it and tell your self that's the person I was, I'm not anymore, I don't give in. I don't quit.