Dropping weight too fast

Options
so I titled this post "dropping weight too fast" bc over the fast few weeks my diet and exercise program has been great, but I can never get the "appropriate" amount of calories in each day, thus I tend to go from 188 on Mondays to around 184-185 by Friday. Usually Saturday or Sunday I definitely enjoy myself with eating to get those extra calories in. Just wanted to post this to get others opinion on the matter. Strength and drive are always there each day, and like I said, I eat very healthy, but I'll get full quickly always ending under my calorie goal.

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it while it lasts
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    After 8 weeks work out your average weekly weight loss then decide if you need to eat less or more
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    So what's your weight by the following Monday? How much are you actually losing-including both the days you undereat and the days you overeat? I always eat less during the week and more on the weekends (or random days that I get the hungries). I don't really see the problem here
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You're looking in too short of intervals to assess actual fat loss. Much of what is gained and lost in a week is water/glycogen weight. As rabbitjb said, give it more time and then take an average. I bet it will no longer be "too fast".
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry. It could just be normal fluctuations. If you are eating more on the weekends, and tend to drop 4-5 pounds during the week when your eating less, it isn't necessarily all fat. Just like when you eat more on the weekends, youre not actually gaining fat. Its just water weight. My husband is the same weight, and he drops a ton of weight during his work week and on his weekends he gains some back unless he' limiting calories.
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What a great problem to have.