New to this fitness thing

Options
Hello,

My name is Brandie and I weigh 250 lbs. I'm starting (again) to change my unhealthy diet to a healither one but what I'm having a problem with is coming up with a workout plan that works with me when I have (2 different gyms I can go to, 1 being a gym that stays open all night and the other doesn't and I also have T 25 as well) I work 4-5 days a week and my shift is 3pm-11pm and I'm also starting school which will be in the mornings 9am-11:50am. I would like to some how use all three options into my plan... Help?! /:

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Have you considered walking/running? Either can be done without joining a gym.

With a full time job and school, it doesn't seem like you will get much rest. Adding the gym in there seems like a recipe for failure. Why not start slow, watch your diet, lose a few pounds, and add gym time in later as you see what you can handle.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I would start with some full bodyweight circuit exercises. You can see great results in weeks. Here is an example:

Day one
    Squat (start with chair squats)
    Push-up (start with wall or desk height)
    Pull-up (start by pulling from a slight incline)
    Sit-up
    Bridge

Day two
    Lunge
    Plank (hold as long as you can)
    Step-ups (start with bench height)
    Pull-up

Do 4 sets of 8-12 reps. Time yourself. Try to beat your time. These take less than 20 minutes to complete and you should see great results.

Read the fitness forum and get inspired. This forum has many helpful people.

Pop Sugar has an app of more circuits. Also Fitness Blender has many short circuit ideas.

Elliptical is good too if you have more time.
  • BRANN80
    BRANN80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!