How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
How often do you guys weigh yourself on average?
I don't know how often to weigh myself , I don't want to weigh myself too much cause I'm worried it will become obessesive.
What works best for you?

Replies

• cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I do it every day, but I only let it count on Mondays.
    I check every day to see when it comes off and I like to know how my body works. Since Tuesday I put on 400grams ( Tuesday and Wednesday are my gym days)
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning, after I use the restroom and before I eat/drink anything. It works for me so I can keep an eye out for major changes. I don't log the weight in MFP every day anymore, I only write it on a calendar in my bathroom. I also started using an app that was recommended on another similar forum, called "True Weight". I only log my weight in MFP after I have a loss (about once a week).
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Every single day, but I don't log it into MFP until there's been a definite loss.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes more than once a day. I like to see how much I weigh at different times of the day. I only count my morning weight though.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Once a day
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning before my shower.

Friday being after most of my weekly exercise and before the weekend where I might eat something a bit salty etc
  • Primmalim
    Primmalim Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Every day first thing in the morning, just to see if I can recognize any patterns between my weight and eating habits. I only record losses online though.
  • Kristinfitzgerald
    Kristinfitzgerald Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do it when I wake up and before bed. It's a good way for me to make sure I'm staying in track
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I check daily.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I like to monitor my fluctuations so I can understand them. I don't obsess over it because I still lose about 1 pound per week.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself like 5x a day, it helped me lose 90lbs, it made me aware of how my weight fluctuates and kept me always on track for how i was trending.
  • Rachelj17x
    Rachelj17x Posts: 12 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Waw Thanks for the response guys ! o:)
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    First thing every morning.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Every day when I'm near a scale. I enter it onto my fitbit dashboard and it syncs to mfp
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining, so only once or twice a week.
  • JdoubleJ
    JdoubleJ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm doing every morning, first thing and taking an average of the week (fri-thurs). I find weighing every day makes it more routine, like brushing my teeth rather than getting anxious about the reading. Some people find it can make them obsessed- see what works for you
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning, after I use the restroom and before I eat/drink anything. It works for me so I can keep an eye out for major changes. I don't log the weight in MFP every day anymore, I only write it on a calendar in my bathroom. I also started using an app that was recommended on another similar forum, called "True Weight". I only log my weight in MFP after I have a loss (about once a week).

This is me exactly except I use happy scale for my daily weigh in
  • sstanaford
    sstanaford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a smart scale that sync with an app on my phone. I weigh every morning after using the bathroom but before eating/drinking. For me it tends to keep my eating in check because I know I'll be stepping on the scale the next morning. It also means I don't have the dread I used to when having to step on a scale. I did weight watchers for a while and hated weigh in day. Even if I had a great week, something about not knowing what the outcome would be made me anxious.

But you need to do what is best for you. Do you need that extra little push to stay on target with your eating? Or do you think that daily would create an obsession? Play around with it and see.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i weigh and log once a week.

i may or may not step on the scale the other days, but by the time i get downstairs have forgotten what it said...
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it in the Fitbit app, which sends the number over to MFP and into trendweight.com. I use trendweight so I can see a nice graph of how my weight has been progressing over time.

~Lyssa