Arm toning

Options
The main area I'd like to tone up is my upper arms (a problem area for many apparently)

What exercises can I do to achieve this? I'd love them to be tighter!

P.s looking for mfp buddies you're welcome to add!

Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Take the word "tone" out of your mind and toss it in the garbage. Now, go to fitness blender.com if you don't have a gym and start there. It's a free website and you can do bodyweight exercises.

However, if you are a person who has a gym membership or weights at home, I would personally recommend lifting heavy. Start light and go from there. Find a program and stick with it (stronglifts, starting strength, strong curves). Do not go into this thinking that the only thing you are going to work on is your arms; you may as well not do anything.

Your arms will tighten up when you lose fat and gain some muscle. You will not turn into the incredible hulk if you lift. And you will not get real results with 5lb weights. Trust me, and trust those who will repeat what I say, lift weights and your whole body will get benefits.

Good luck and JUST DO IT!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I hate to be a naysayer, but I'm a swimmer-- so I get lots of arm reps in, and I still have batwings. GUNS on the top, wings on the bottom. Sorry!