What bad food can't you live without?

Everyone has some foods that they can't live without, but have to eat in moderation in order to be healthy.

Mine are the following:

Pizza
Fries
Cheeseburgers
Ice cream
Sherbet
Sour candy
White rice
Cheese
Hummus

What are yours?

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I don't have any bad foods. I just eat everything in moderation. Favorite would include what you call bad though, like pizza, burgers, ice cream Pepsi, etc.
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    I have a lot of tempting vices...oreos, nachos, pizza...so I just don't keep them around. Ever. I run in the opposite direction from them outside of an occasional piece of veggie pizza!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    There's no 'bad' food. I don't eat a lot of pizza, because it's quite high in calories, and when I eat it, I want to eat more than one little piece. So I just bank calories so I can eat it the way I want to - eating under my calories for several days in a row, I'll have a good 1200 extra calories for the week by the time I get to the day I'm having my pizza, and I know I can indulge in it without worrying about going over on my calories for the week.
    Otherwise, as OP said, everything in moderation.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars. They walk the line between good and bad, but are as bad as I get.

I never gave them up, even when I was on a heavily restricted diet.

I freaking love those things.
  • curiouschemist
    curiouschemist Posts: 23 Member
    Cheese... I've found myself buying GOOD cheese lately so that the 1oz serving is actually satisfying. The key to doing well for me is not cutting foods I love out, but learning how much a serving is and going for quality over quantity.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    what I love but tend to overeat on so try to limit: wine, gummy bears, oreos, pizza, lucky charms, did I mention wine?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Sour cream. I know it is off cream, but it's just delicious. And stinky mouldy cheeses.

Other than things that are actually "off", I don't consider any food bad. I eat what I love in moderation.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Everyone has some foods that they can't live without, but have to eat in moderation in order to be healthy.

Mine are the following:

Pizza
    Fries
    Cheeseburgers
    Ice cream
    Sherbet
    Sour candy
    White rice
    Cheese
    Hummus

What are yours?

How did hummus get in a list of "bad" foods with sour candy? I eat hummus and cheese for the nutrients in them. Just yesterday, I needed more calories, including more carbs and fats, but not many sugars, and I needed it to be in an easily eaten snack form for my ten minute break at work....Hummus with pretzel crisps worked perfectly to fill that need in my diet.

Agreed, all "good food/bad food" aside, what's the issue with hummas? It's like.. chickpeas, garlic, olive oil and herbs, right?
  • curiouschemist
    curiouschemist Posts: 23 Member

Mine are the following:

Pizza
    Fries
    Cheeseburgers
    Ice cream
    Sherbet
    Sour candy
    White rice
    Cheese
    Hummus

What are yours?

How did hummus get in a list of "bad" foods with sour candy? I eat hummus and cheese for the nutrients in them. Just yesterday, I needed more calories, including more carbs and fats, but not many sugars, and I needed it to be in an easily eaten snack form for my ten minute break at work....Hummus with pretzel crisps worked perfectly to fill that need in my diet.

Agreed, all "good food/bad food" aside, what's the issue with hummas? It's like.. chickpeas, garlic, olive oil and herbs, right?

Sometimes it isn't the ingredients that people consider bad. It might be the portion sizes. Or what people are eating with other things. Hummus might be made of healthy things but it can be easy to over-eat and some people eat it with pita bread or chips which can also be easy to over eat.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Pretty much any restaurant food, lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    So I don't have any bad foods because I have a balanced diet, but I like an inappropriate AMOUNT of fries, chips, ben and jerry's, talenti, pizza, cheese, and beer with pretzels from time to time. Even when I eat a stupid amount of calories worth of these things, I've usually banked for it so I still don't consider it bad really.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Chocolate because I have no self control not because it is "bad". I would love to be able to eat only one piece, but that one piece opens the floodgates :(.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    I don't list foods good and bad... because everything is bad in abundance.

Rocks. I just love that crunch.
  • vrpeacestar
    vrpeacestar Posts: 11 Member
    Pizza!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Same as others... I Don't classify foods as good or bad, just foods that are more calorie dense and a little more challenging to work into my day. If I can't work them into a specific day, I'm usually able to plan to fit them in sometime during the week.

These may include things like:
    Pizza
    Burgers
    Steak
    Cheese and Salami
    Indulgent Restaurant Meals
    Baked Goods

Individual treats that are easier to fit into a single day if I really want them (not all on the same day!) include single servings of:

Gelato/Ice Cream
    Packaged Cookies
    Chips

Things I fit in pretty much every day include:
    Wine
    Dark Chocolate

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    If the food has gone bad, I won't eat it
  • sharhealth
    sharhealth Posts: 20 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If the food has gone bad, I won't eat it

teehee

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    I have a bacon cheeseburger at least one a week. A whole pizza probably once a month. A pint of ice cream every two weeks. And anything else that I can manage to fit in that sounds yummy. Except pancakes. They are evil. Maybe every few months......can't control the intake of buttery syrupy carbohydratey goodness.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I have a bacon cheeseburger at least one a week. A whole pizza probably once a month. A pint of ice cream every two weeks. And anything else that I can manage to fit in that sounds yummy. Except pancakes. They are evil. Maybe every few months......can't control the intake of buttery syrupy carbohydratey goodness.

Really? Pancakes? I had no idea.