Help....

Options
Okay so it's been a full month or 4 full weeks I have been training for 5 to 6 days a week. Strength AND cardio and I've lost 6 lbs. I can see muscle definition and it makes me happy. Someone told me I was being restrictive and I'm over working and undereating which is why I'm not leaning out more. I need someone to help me figure out what it is that I'm doing wrong and maybe guide me in the general direction to eating the correct amount. I eat really clean and avoid soda and most fast food with a few exceptions. I also cut out completely fried food. So someone.....PLEASE. HELP.

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with losing 1 1/2 pounds a week?
  • Jessikin13
    Jessikin13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it's working for you. How many calories are you eating? I generally try to eat clean about 80% of the time to give my self a little leeway here and there, so don't totally restrict certain things. But I know in my own experience that if I give myself free reign without restricting some stuff I end up over eating it and feeling terrible afterwards. So I save those kind of foods for my not so strict meals
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    First, provide your stats and open your diary. You've lost a great amount for 4 weeks and should be happy about that!

As for the rest, it's not true that you won't lean out by under eating. You'll lose weight - you just won't have enough fuel for your workouts and losing too fast is never good.

But, you have to provide more info first so we can help.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
    Height? Weight?
    Are you eating exercise calories back?
    What qualifications do the people who say you are too restrictive have?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You've lost a reasonable amount each week and you're seeing positive changes in your body. Sounds like you're going great - not finding the problem here.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    6 lbs in 4 weeks is a really great loss. I don't see the problem here.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    No problem seen here either.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are eating a reasonable amount of food and not injuring yourself with activity, would tell that someone to mind her own beeswax.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You honestly don't have that much to lose so it's probably going to be rather slow going--it seems that you're on the right track though.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Are you excessively restricting in order to drop lots of weight?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing any problem here. What's your issue?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What's your daily calorie goal?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Stats please?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you only have 13 pounds to lose so with that little to lose 6 pounds in 4 weeks is actually rather aggressive. Try changing your goals to just lose 0.5 pound per week. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Is it too restrictive? That depends...if most of that came off in the first two weeks (water weight), then no. But a pound and a half a week with thirteen pounds to lose is.