Possibly a silly question

I have my diary set to sedentary. Other than my daily exercise I would say I am fairly sedentary. I'm wondering if I should not have it set like that because I do exercise 6 days a week; 1hr and 45 min on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 1 hour on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with a rest day on Sunday.

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    No, if you aren't active other than your exercise, sedentary is a good setting. Your exercise is above and beyond your activity setting.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Oh ok cool. Thank you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    The way MFP is set up is that you put your normal daily activity level, without exercise, then log your exercise on top and eat those back. Generally, the burns are overblown so many people recommend only eating half back. So if your job and home life are fairly sedentary, apart from your deliberate exercise, then MFP expects that you will set it to sedentary.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    The way MFP is set up is that you put your normal daily activity level, without exercise, then log your exercise on top and eat those back. Generally, the burns are overblown so many people recommend only eating half back. So if your job and home life are fairly sedentary, apart from your deliberate exercise, then MFP expects that you will set it to sedentary.

Thanks for the reply. I understand now. And yes I am eating back most if not all of my calories.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Agree with sedentary. Add the exercise. :)
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Agree with sedentary. Add the exercise. :)

Thanks.