New & in need of friends (Female Only Please)

Options
2»

Replies

• Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i'm all for the "females only" thing but I did something similar to this and requested "men only" and the women went on a e-rampage and really felt offended. Double standard here?
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi to the new ladies on MFP..

Just because the op bailed, please don't give up the opportunity to friend each other and start getting what you want for yourselves - even start a group for yourselves maybe.. the support and encouragement of women my own age (WAY over 50 lol) and at the same stage of life is what made the difference for me in finally losing the weight ( that and all the awesome help and knowledge avail from all the MFP community (male and female LOL).

Cheers and welcome to MFP! :)

• tinaolsson
    tinaolsson Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Domineer wrote: »
    i'm all for the "females only" thing but I did something similar to this and requested "men only" and the women went on a e-rampage and really felt offended. Double standard here?

Well that's some people. I totally understand the wanting of support from the same gender. :smile:
    (Although everyone is welcome to friend me)
  • Annalynn723
    Annalynn723 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello I started last week, you can add me as a friend. The more support you have I believe the better the outcome. Any posters can add me also. Good Luck to all. :)
  • erigann
    erigann Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel a little less self conscious talking weight, diet & exercise with women, all my friends are female so far & I'd love some more!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options

Link to thread or GTFO.
  • Elc320
    Elc320 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have hit a bit of a snag in my weight loss. Started out fantastic and over the last few weeks I have hit a wall :( I am a vegetarian, 25, and a manager for a pharmacy company. If anyone would like to be my friend and can help me out and get me over this hump please add me! Happy weight journey to all!
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

To each, their own. I would not be offended if someone requested males only. I have a great mix of both on my friend list.
  • mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a no boys policy, too! Plenty of guys are not creepy, but you know what they say about one bad apple... there are just enough creeps around to inspire my girls rule, boys drool friends policy lol.
  • Cher_Lock
    Cher_Lock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tinaolsson wrote: »

Well that's some people. I totally understand the wanting of support from the same gender. :smile:
    (Although everyone is welcome to friend me)

Exactly how I feel, too :)
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!