Any success with meal replacement shakes?

Options
Im a busy mom of 2 boys and find it hard to get my breakfast or lunch in. I bought some shakes from Costco that are high protein,low cal, low sugar and low carbs. I'm just going to have one a day and see if that helps. Has anyone had good results?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I like food. Real food.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If you are too busy to prepare food, what are your kids eating? Everyone is busy. Eating food at your calorie level works great. You don't want your kids to see you eat that way.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It's not really a meal replacement if it's low carbs...

Eating a certain food isn't going to make you lose weight any faster - get that into your head. It all boils down to calories in vs calories out... that is the most essential thing for losing weight.

If you really need a meal replacement, get a mass gainer powder and split every serving in half...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I like food. Real food.

Me as well.
  • Kristinfitzgerald
    Kristinfitzgerald Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply izaackGMOON was really the only helpful one. Didn't realize ppl get defensive on here. I skip breakfast a lot so was trying to have something to grab and go and not skip a meal.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anyone defensive? Most people here think they're not a good idea. It's OK to skip breakfast and save your calories for real food at lunch and dinner.
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Idk about discounting breakfast as " not real Food" blasphemy IMO.
    You should always try to get all of your macros and micros from real whole food and not shakes and bars. Nutrient dense food is what you want.
    If you want to skip a meal its no big deal at all im fact you should look into " intermittent fasting" since you skip breakfast and lunch. It might suite you better
  • Kristinfitzgerald
    Kristinfitzgerald Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    arb037 wrote: »
    Idk about discounting breakfast as " not real Food" blasphemy IMO.
    You should always try to get all of your macros and micros from real whole food and not shakes and bars. Nutrient dense food is what you want.
    If you want to skip a meal its no big deal at all im fact you should look into " intermittent fasting" since you skip breakfast and lunch. It might suite you better

Thanks! It's just a protein shake which I'm sure lots of ppl make in the morning. This one is just pre-made for lazy ppl like me! Lol I eat decent for the most part but was looking for an easy breakfast.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I often drink them for breakfast during the week. There is nothing wrong with having a shake, sometimes I add fresh fruit to mine. For me, they are quick, tasty and filling. I try my best to count my calories so that is what I will say is the reason I'm losing weight, not the shakes. If you like them, if they fit into your goals, if you still are learning about portion control then go for it and have your Shake.