I want to make a change and keep accountable!

Options
Hi all,

I am looking to lose at least 100 pounds! I am 25 years old, 5'8 and 250 lbs. I feel like the only way too keep myself accountable for my weight loss journey is to have other people involved. I've made a habit of letting myself down. I have hypothyroidism which is under control right now (I had my dose adjusted 3 weeks ago). My doctor told me recently that I have high blood sugar. That scared the living daylights out of me! I'm a nursing student and I see the health repercussions of uncontrolled blood sugar all the time! I started logging 2 days ago. I have cut all alcohol, soda and sweets. I've been avoiding pasta, bread, pizza... etc.

One of the big things is that I'm engaged to a man who is fit and weighs much less than me. I want to keep up with him and enjoy more active hobbies together. It's hard for me to confide my issues about weight to him.

I could use any/all of the support I can get! It's scary putting all this out there!

Thanks for reading!

- Julia

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! You came to the right place!
  • JuliaJuliaBoBulia
    JuliaJuliaBoBulia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Help is here for you! Stay focused and motivated. Set mini goals that are easily attained while you are working toward your winning goal! You can definitely do it!
  • JuliaJuliaBoBulia
    JuliaJuliaBoBulia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    laursim1 wrote: »
    Help is here for you! Stay focused and motivated. Set mini goals that are easily attained while you are working toward your winning goal! You can definitely do it!
    Thank you for your words of encouragement!