Best day to have a cheat meal or day

Options
Hello I am doing this new diet challenge that requires 2 days out the week to cheat. The problem is I am confused on what days. Before the diet, my regular day for a cheat meal or day would the weekends and Mon-Fri I am back at my regular workout regime. However Sunday is the starting of a new week and does not qualify as a cheat day. I was wondering what days do you all choose. I am leaning towards a Friday and a saturday but if I am not down to my goal of the week by Friday then I am going to do what I originally do for cheat meal day or a cheat day and that is saturday and sunday

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals/day, two of them per week could potentially seem like a lot and maybe could affect the great calorie deficit effort you've done in the last 5 days, I would 2 cheat meals and not 2 cheat day.

about the day, well I don't think it matters, evaluate the week and see what days could work better for you, usually people go for saturday/sunday but if sunday it's no good for you, friday and saturday seems perfect too.

hope this 'new diet' works for you.

good luck!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You will need to assess whats suitable for you. What your definition of cheat is and whether its just one meal or a complete day is significant. If you still remain at a calorific deficit, then you arent cheating. If you eat at a calorific surplus then the aggreaget calories of those cheat days will act against the deficit you create on the other 5 daus so be prepared for this. If you eat without restriction on those 2 days it could well negate any deficits you ccreate in the 5 days meaning you will lose no weight. As long as you are ok with that thne good luck. I doubt most people have a regular cheat day never mind two.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I have a treat meal that puts me over on my daily calories about once a month or so. The rest of the time, I just work treats into my daily calories so that I don't feel deprived.

The important thing for weight loss is to have an overall calorie deficit over the course of the week.

Carefully track your food by weighing your solid foods and using measuring cups/spoons for liquids, even on "cheat" days. That will show you your calorie intake and you can adjust things if this new diet doesn't give you an actual weekly calorie deficit.
  • Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cheat meals are best taken the day before your hardest workouts. This way you can make sure that your glycogen level are high and you have lots of fuel to get through the workout.
    Just remember, cheat meals are there to serve the purpose of raising your leptin levels and get your metabolism running normally again after being in a calorie deficit. Two days a week of cheat meals in my opinion is counter productive.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Define 'cheat'. If I cheated two days a week on my diet, I'd gain weight. Just saying.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why you can't use Saturday and Sunday. Is there a rule that your cheat days can't be the first and last day of the week?