I'm new to this app, need motivation and tips. For losing weight and keeping muscle

I want to lose weight and keep muscle but I don't really know. Can Anyone hook me up with some tips

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Eat at a moderate deficit, get the appropriate amount of protein (around .8 grams per lb of body weight), stregth/resistance train. Are you familiar with beginners lifting or body weight programs?
  • jairowill12
    jairowill12 Posts: 3 Member
    Well I've been Lifting for about 10 months but I have never dedicated my self to weight loss but I've started to feel like it's Time :) hah but I don't really know how to do so with out losing muscle , your tips are appreciated thanks, do you have any other tips that could help me as well
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Well I've been Lifting for about 10 months but I have never dedicated my self to weight loss but I've started to feel like it's Time :) hah but I don't really know how to do so with out losing muscle , your tips are appreciated thanks, do you have any other tips that could help me as well

Make sure you're doing a structured program with a progressive overload. Set MFP to lose .5 lbs per week for every 25 pounds you need to lose. Eat the calorie goal it gives you while continuing to lift heavy.
  • jairowill12
    jairowill12 Posts: 3 Member
    :) thank you for the advice This was really helpful