Any success stories from 250+ and barely able to move

Options
2»

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I was 250 lbs never had problems moving, just didn't like to move lol. I would run out of breath just to get upstairs. Heck when I first did the 30 day shred I couldn't hardly do a jumping jack. Now I can do 200 without stopping. Now I can put my feet behind my head, I can jog a mile, I can do real push up's, I can do the splits, I'd say I got my flexibility back.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I use to be 330pds I am now 229pds. Wanting to get down to 163pds. It was not easy being over 330pds but I have made it so far and feel so much better! Take the first step its worth it!!

ce5289c8-4bfa-46ac-9c12-20d07444e9a3.jpg
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I was/am able to move at 285 my top weight now I am at 250 still able to move quite well. I can work 12 hour nursing shifts. But with the weight loss I have already started to notice less knee/foot pain which is a plus!
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I started at 380 pounds and now weigh 197 pounds I did have limited mobility, my body felt so broken with a lot of feet issues as well as just struggling to do things like getting out of chairs etc. I am now 197 pounds I still have some "issues" for example the jump in a burpee I just cannot do I have to step in, I also struggle when getting up after sitting on the floor (I can do it but its far from graceful lol) but I am strong now (leg pressed 330 pounds last nite as a example!) and I have good cardio and endurance fitness levels .... the very best of luck :)
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You guys are all amazing! I can tell you, at my highest weight (213), I would come home from work and finally sit down it was such a relief! But then to get up, my feet hurt so bad I wanted to cry! 50lbs lighter, I'm still tired but my knees hips and feet don't hurt anymore ! To the OP - do it! It's worth the effort!
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I started at 252( I think higher actually) I'm at 203 now. I've never been immobile, but I wasn't super active either! Now I do bootcamp 3 days a week, 30 day shred and walk almost every day!
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a friend WAY over 300. She can hardly walk, but she has amazing flexibility and always has. You may like Yoga or just stretching. I always recommend getting in the water where you can move freely without stress on the joints. I enjoy playing with floaty dumbells and using them like weights. I also like to pedal and kick in the water, twist my trunk, and just keep moving.
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not where I want to be, but have definitely noticed a difference. My highest recorded weight was 295, but I know I was over 300. I was having problem walking up and down the stairs. I couldn't stand longer than a few minutes to wash dishes without my back + killing me. At my highest recorded weight, I lost 40+ pounds, but I hadn't been able to maintain and would go back up about 280.

A few years later at 230 and below, I ca walk up flights of stairs without feeling like I am going to die. I just finished washing dishes and don't have the back pain that I used to get. I look forward to exercise, instead of it being something that I had to do.
  • erica6732
    erica6732 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    my starting weight was 275 and I gained all the weight from taking medication. I gained so much that I started having severe lower back pain to the point that it would hurt so bad that I could only walk or stand up for a few minutes at a time and then I would have to sit down to get some relief from the pain. my doctor have to give me a walker with a seat. a walker at 32!! I was already diagnosed with depression before I gained all this weight. I gained over 100 pounds in just one year. I finally got medication that worked for me and now I weight 249.3!! I need to lose another 100 pounds but it feels great not to have that back pain anymore. I would get these looks from people when I had my walker and it was totally embarrassing, but no more!! I am on my way baby!!!
  • erica6732
    erica6732 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    the medication that I say worked for me was to treat my depression - and not a weight loss drug. I am doing this the old - fashioned way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!