The scale won't budge - need some help

Options
2»

Replies

• kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I need to increase my calories. got it. I'm going up to 1450 per day and more on the intense days.

for the record I don't do all that excercise everyday! lol. just the stuff i tend to do throughout the week.

thanks everyone for you input

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but try to meet your daily caloric goal everyday. If you feel too full, try to get the calories back tomorrow or later in the week. You'll see results in no time!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

Done.

great advice, looks like your new here. you could try actually helping the girl.
  • nikilis
    Options
    Eat more to lose more. Simple.

again, are you going of offer advice with that? june 2013. mmmmmm.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Yes. It's like this.

When you set yourself at a calorie goal like let's say 1200 calories a day. You eat that. That's great. But our bodies are adaptable machines and they learn routines rather quickly so this would pull weight loss to a massive halt. Its because our metabolisms are working around what our intake has been.

So most people go and lower their intake more than this to resume scale digits going down but that kinda messes up metabolism and muscles and brain tissue even more. So by eating more... you refuel your body and your metabolism has a happy dance and in return revs up and kill weight.

So when your scale does the halt up your calories. Work with your body. Your body will love it.
  • nikilis
    Options

Yes. It's like this.

When you set yourself at a calorie goal like let's say 1200 calories a day. You eat that. That's great. But our bodies are adaptable machines and they learn routines rather quickly so this would pull weight loss to a massive halt. Its because our metabolisms are working around what our intake has been.

So most people go and lower their intake more than this to resume scale digits going down but that kinda messes up metabolism and muscles and brain tissue even more. So by eating more... you refuel your body and your metabolism has a happy dance and in return revs up and kill weight.

So when your scale does the halt up your calories. Work with your body. Your body will love it.

yeh, thats some good info there. so why didn't you offer that in the first place? she asked for advice, shes trying to do everything right.

how is "eat more" helping. its not an answer. how much more? you want to know how much more? ok here we go.

for a 36 year old woman weighing 126lb at a height of 5'2" at sedentary activity level, the BMR estimate is 1372 and the TDEE estimate is 1646. so

for a 25% 1lb estimate loss would be 1200-1300cal goal

most people recommend 20% tho, which is around 1300 - 1400cals.

so she could up her sedentary calories a bit if she felt like it.

now the real mistake here is she's not eating back her exercise, which is the real problem.

so logging those cals, and eating back 1/2 to 2/3 of those would be the best plan going forward.

you know how I know this? cause spent the time, did the numbers and sent it to her, to help her, cause this forum is full of people who think comments like "eat more" are helpful.

its great that you have some knowledge in your head, and you could help people with it, if you actually shared it.

you cant decipher the 2 paragraphs you wrote after it was requested from "Eat more to lose more. Simple." can you?

can you see what I'm getting at?
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Yes. It's like this.

yeh, thats some good info there. so why didn't you offer that in the first place? she asked for advice, shes trying to do everything right.

how is "eat more" helping. its not an answer. how much more? you want to know how much more? ok here we go.

for a 36 year old woman weighing 126lb at a height of 5'2" at sedentary activity level, the BMR estimate is 1372 and the TDEE estimate is 1646. so

for a 25% 1lb estimate loss would be 1200-1300cal goal

most people recommend 20% tho, which is around 1300 - 1400cals.

so she could up her sedentary calories a bit if she felt like it.

now the real mistake here is she's not eating back her exercise, which is the real problem.

so logging those cals, and eating back 1/2 to 2/3 of those would be the best plan going forward.

you know how I know this? cause spent the time, did the numbers and sent it to her, to help her, cause this forum is full of people who think comments like "eat more" are helpful.

its great that you have some knowledge in your head, and you could help people with it, if you actually shared it.

you cant decipher the 2 paragraphs you wrote after it was requested from "Eat more to lose more. Simple." can you?

can you see what I'm getting at?
    hey-youre-awesome-1791-1232679844-0_zps8c807acb.jpg