Other's Have Noticed my Weight Loss - I haven't

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    add me to the ' i dont see it in the morror' crowd. Im down 60 some pounds and can see it in PHOTOS (and obviously in the clothes i buy) but in the mirror i still look 260 some pounds :/ i pick up my clothes and think ' theres no way i can wear that' . but i can. and do.

ironically, i just made a status about this earlier today LOL

i do however FEEL smaller.

go make sense of THAT. LOL
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I lost about sixty pounds before I started saying, "Okay, yeah, I think I see it, maybe, some." Went from about 250 to 190 and then started getting a glimpse of what others had seen.

I've lost so much that when I bumped into someone I hadn't seen in years, I had to tell her who I was. Then her eyes got big and she looked me up-and-down and did the "OMG" thing. I am surprised that I look different enough that someone wouldn't recognize me, but it's obviously true.

At about 175, a friend of mine snapped a pic of my legs and showed it to me, lol. She was like, "Look at your legs!!" and trying to show me I wasn't as fat as I thought I was.

At 163, I do see a difference. Every ten pounds, now, the change is obvious.

I think it's really normal to not see the huge change others do. We are accustomed to seeing fat, plus, we see ourselves every day, so it's really difficult to see the small, daily changes.

As you go, you'll see it more and more. Bones will start appearing where bones were not before. The shape of your arms changes, legs, everything. You develop a waist.

For me, it was kind of like I went from being 250 to 165 overnight, lol. All of a sudden, I looked at my arms and thought, "This is not how my arms should look. Bone-shaped. This is wrong." It's not wrong! I'm still chunky and need to lose more...but having a normal-sized, normal-shaped body is something I don't remember, so it's taking some getting used to!!

It will hit you when it hits you. And don't worry...it will come!! :smiley:
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I lost about sixty pounds before I started saying, "Okay, yeah, I think I see it, maybe, some." Went from about 250 to 190 and then started getting a glimpse of what others had seen.

I've lost so much that when I bumped into someone I hadn't seen in years, I had to tell her who I was. Then her eyes got big and she looked me up-and-down and did the "OMG" thing. I am surprised that I look different enough that someone wouldn't recognize me, but it's obviously true.

At about 175, a friend of mine snapped a pic of my legs and showed it to me, lol. She was like, "Look at your legs!!" and trying to show me I wasn't as fat as I thought I was.

At 163, I do see a difference. Every ten pounds, now, the change is obvious.

I think it's really normal to not see the huge change others do. We are accustomed to seeing fat, plus, we see ourselves every day, so it's really difficult to see the small, daily changes.

As you go, you'll see it more and more. Bones will start appearing where bones were not before. The shape of your arms changes, legs, everything. You develop a waist.

For me, it was kind of like I went from being 250 to 165 overnight, lol. All of a sudden, I looked at my arms and thought, "This is not how my arms should look. Bone-shaped. This is wrong." It's not wrong! I'm still chunky and need to lose more...but having a normal-sized, normal-shaped body is something I don't remember, so it's taking some getting used to!!

It will hit you when it hits you. And don't worry...it will come!! :smiley:

It's amazing how that works!
  • jasmineconroy
    jasmineconroy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You see yourself everyday! I take progress pics every week so I can :)
  • amandapanda932011
    amandapanda932011 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know exactally how you feel.....I am the same way. I'm starting to measure myself cause I've tried the progress pics and I still look the same (to me that is) :(
  • wishbystar
    wishbystar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Started at 178 and now I am at 154 and I am barley down one size. I hardly notice but a lot of people at work have said stuff about it.