It Doesn't Work Anymore

I'm hoping that this site can help me. I had always been able to suck in my tummy while out during the day. The last few months, I've been drinking sodas instead of wine. I thought that I was doing well. Not! I put on pounds and it's exhausting sucking in the stomach and it doesn't do the trick anymore. My face is fatter, thighs are rubbing together as I walk and there appears to be a double chin. Sighhh.. I'm hoping that by sharing my story that I'll meet Good People so that we'll Encourage one another. I'm in Texas. Thanks in advance. <3

Replies

• Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    This site is only as good as the information you put into it. Yes, it can help you because you can monitor and learn about what you are consuming, and adjust accordingly.
    Make sure you have a food scale - weighing your food is really important for accurate entries. Be honest with yourself and be patient...it takes time, but in the end you won't have to suck anything in ;)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Actually wine has more health benefits than soda.
  • NCGOALIEMOM
    NCGOALIEMOM Posts: 82 Member
    All soda is bad. If it's regular, it's loaded with high fructose corn syrup (which is made from genetically modified corn... corn that is designed to produce it's own pesticides... so when the insects eat it, their stomachs explode... but they tell us it's perfectly safe for us to consume :# The same pesticide is now being found in the blood of newborn infants, so not only is it not "dying off" with digestion as originally designed, it's being transferred inutero. If you drink diet, it's loaded with Aspartame which has SIGNIFICANT health risks (just google aspartame syndrome... it's literally a neurotoxin). It doesn't take long to figure out why cancer rates have risen by 300% over the last 3 degades.

At least wine is natural!!!! I'm a huge fan of the fermented grape LOL

I gave up soda completely probably 10ish years ago. Now when I still crave one I take regular club soda and add some flavored stevia drops (sweet leaf is my favorite.. they have tons of flavors) or I have True lemon/True lime drink sticks that use stevia and natural cane sugar but only have 10 calories. Black cherry limeade is my favorite. I get all the benefits of the bubbles I want, and none of the icky stuff. The drink sticks you can throw in your purse and add anytime you are out (everybody has club soda)