My Story

Options
I've been struggling with my weight since my teens. I usually stay about 20-40 pounds (mostly on the higher end of that range) over my the weight I'm comfortable with. I'm a healthy guy, no chronic issues to complain about, and I exercise semi-regularly. It goes in waves. At my peak times, 3 miles a day most days on a treadmill. I know I should mix it up but I can be a creature of habit at times as well.

I was on MFP for a few months initially in 2011, lost about 30ish pounds (from 230 to 200), and have used it sporadically (but mostly very briefly) ever since.

I was back up to 230 about 13 months ago, and my wife and I started a "Fad Diet" as you might say, QWLC Diet for those that are curious. It's super restrictive but boy did it work! I lost 40 pounds in 3 months! I was able to keep it off for a few months but slowly starting putting it back on. I'm 205 now (20+ over where I was and about 30 from where I want to be) and have been struggling to get back in the swing. I realize I need support to have a hope of sustainability.

This seems like the best outlet. I'm a programmer so spend a great deal of my time on a computer (i.e. sitting). Food is a HUGE comfort / emotional crutch for me. I LOVE going out to eat, as my wife will attest. I'm fortunate that I can hit these "eye on the prize" strides but my consistent failure is STAYING there.

I can't do it alone, but I know the choice to have that bowl of ice cream is ultimately mine to make.

I'd love to grow my MFP community so if you're in the market for some new friends, please add me. I plan on being diligent in my logging and tracking but will need your help if I'm to be successful.

Replies

• tkaysmiles
    tkaysmiles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck!! Adding you!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sending a request :)
  • lachivis
    lachivis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'll done many restrictive diets in the past but I've realized doing MFP keeps me sane! Good luck to you! Sent you a friend request :-)