Losing weight and diabetic help please

Options
My mom just started using this she is diabetic. Icwas wondering if there is a way for her to log that she is diabetic so she can make sure she is eating healthy while losing weight?

Replies

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Everything is relative. Have her configure myfitness pal to focus on carbs and sugar.
  • tinaschultz0327
    tinaschultz0327 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Everything is relative. Have her configure myfitness pal to focus on carbs and sugar.

Okay, thank you now I am teaching how to log and simply use her phone is that in settings or something?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    there are a few diabetics on MFP, I hope one will chime in soon. I believe that a diabetic may have a different macro split than the default MFP setting. Its not hard to adjust that though. I am unsure of the exact percentages, so some one with more nutrition knoweledge will have to help you.
  • tinaschultz0327
    Options
    there are a few diabetics on MFP, I hope one will chime in soon. I believe that a diabetic may have a different macro split than the default MFP setting. Its not hard to adjust that though. I am unsure of the exact percentages, so some one with more nutrition knoweledge will have to help you.
    Thank you
  • Coco7694
    Coco7694 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic. I have been using this site to help me count calories. I am type 2. I eat everything in moderation and try to cut back on carbs, sugar and red meat but most importantly bad fat. It helps me keep track of my exercise too. I like it and I have lost a total of 11lbs using this site. My weight loss has been very slow only because I haven't been consistent, but I can tell you that the weight I lost has stayed off. She should talk to her doctor and nutritionist to help her on her individual needs. That is important.
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am also diabetic and just started back on MFP for this purpose. Did you find a way to log Blood Sugar on here. If so I'm very interested in knowing.
  • tinaschultz0327
    Options
    Cbaker5156 wrote: »
    I am also diabetic and just started back on MFP for this purpose. Did you find a way to log Blood Sugar on here. If so I'm very interested in knowing.
    no that is what we where looking for maybe if we buy the pro version of this

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Input the macro % provided by your mom's doc or dietitian. You can create a custom tracker for blood sugar.
  • tinaschultz0327
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Input the macro % provided by your mom's doc or dietitian. You can create a custom tracker for blood sugar.
    how do we do that do we need to buy pro?

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Go to nutrition. Set percentages for your macros --- like carbs 20/ fats 35/ protein 45%
    or whatever the doc wants. You can do this for free. It will show in grams.
    If you want to set carbs for the day in grams, you will need the paid version .
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Also You can go to the Home Page, then Under Check In You will see this
    badknldjv2ux.jpg

See where the Black Arrow Points to
    "Track Additional measurements"
    Click There and You will see this screen
    2hmtzhii7hlp.jpg

Notice the black arrow points to where I typed
    "FBS Reading"
    or Short for Fasting Blood Sugar Reading
    Then Click the Green Add Measurement Box and You can enter the figure.

I do track things like Distance Walked and Daily Weight in a Log Book for a hard Copy. I could also have created a Spread Sheet in addition. Blood Sugar readings could also be logged in there.

I hope this helps
    RogerToo