Beer and weight Loss. Has anyone mastered it???

Options
:drinker:

Replies

• babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    IMO, eat/drink anything you want. Just stay under your calories!
    I have a friend who lost TONS of weight, and bulked up! He runs all the time and is super active... but by the end of week, he has his brewskies.

"I run for beer"
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    fit it in...I haven't given up beer...tough I do drink less of it than I used to...but beer is an essential part of good livin' IMHO.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    yes, easy peezy
  • Lisaaubs
    Lisaaubs Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in my daily calories & macros, I'm okay.
    I still only drink maybe once or twice a month though.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    molson 67 <--- love it. but i like light beers anyway, so it tastes great to me.
    for parties i bring a six pack of keystone light, they're only 102 calories per beer, so if i save around 600 calories for the night, i'm golden!

also i binge drink probably once every second saturday
  • bren102257
    Options
    I used to drink wine pretty much every day, I have stopped doing that during the week and allowing myself to indulge on the weekends, I just started MFP last week, so I am anxious to see how it all works out. I did have a vodka drink last night but just added the calories to my daily allowed.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I still drink beer and log it. So long as it fits into your macros, you're fine :)
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you get two mugs (one for each arm) curl them 10 times before each sip??? lol :drinker:

I usually have a beer when I am in a calorie deficit (after a really long run or hard workout). I will work out an extra 20 minutes for my cold one!!! :ohwell:
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Don't pound a six-pack at a sitting, have one or two if it fits into your calories. If it doesn't fit, then go run a mile or two and make it fit :)
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Just log it and proceed as usual. It gets trickier for unusual beers because calorie information is not available and they are usually not in the database; in that case, you can guesstimate calories based on beer of the same type with similar alcohol content.
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I failed beer :sad:
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    I've pretty much mastered making beer and drinking beer. Still working on the weight loss.
  • R2Vee2
    R2Vee2 Posts: 13
    Options
    The key is moderation. I love beer, I have less of it so I make it count when I do. I add an extra ten minutes of circuit training when I know I'll have some. Same applies to bacon. :)
  • rsimoneau1
    rsimoneau1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a wicked beer snob. I love high calorie/high alcohol IPA (Pliny, Heady Topper, Hop Stoopid), as well as other high end styles (Founder's Breakfast Stout, etc...). Finding a good happy medium, I discovered Wachussets Light IPA. Great IPA flavor, 121 calories.

It's tough. Only recently have I found I am drinking way less than I used to, and I'm OK with that. Everything in moderation....
  • kgraves3
    kgraves3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. I was just saying to someone else, if you know you have a weakness for a certain treat (in your case, beer), then make room for it in your diet. It can be done.

That being said, I definitely had to cut down on my drinking when I started trying to lose weight, and most people who drink with any regularity have to do the same. But I can still fit it in when I want, and that's on a 1200 net kcal/day budget. It's a balancing act.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I concur.........WILL RUN FOR BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • hustona1
    hustona1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I don't drink that often but I couldn't imagine giving up my love for craft beers, maybe one in a good while and make sure it fits into your calorie intake. I hate light beers and I was happy to find out that Guinness is 125 calories for a 12-ounce glass, it has about 25 fewer calories than most ales or lagers. Budweiser by comparison has about 145 calories.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Yup. Nailed it!
    I just stay active and do a ton of hiking and climbing, it balances out my partying.