I'm Stuck With C25K

Options
2»

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    thebuz wrote: »
    I agree with others that say you should just try week 4.

1 - 90% of the battle is the mental game where you are already convincing yourself that you can't do something before trying it. We're all guilty of doing this. Trust in yourself and the program because it works!

2 - Run slowly. Trust me when I say that you can run much slower than you think is possible. The program is meant to have you walk the walk components as quickly as possible and to run the run segments very slowly which can mean you are running slower than your walk. The idea behind the program is that your run and walk pace should be similar therefore you ease into running.

Good luck! You've got this.

Ditto this.

When I doubt myself, I can't do it. When I tell myself that I can, I do it.

I had a tough run this weekend. I started to doubt myself. I even started to panic. But I calmed myself down and said "I can do this" and realized that I would be disappointed in myself if I quit. I slowed down a little and just kept going and I made it.

Running is a mental game. It really is.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    congrats!! good job- one mental hurdle down!!! now on to the next!
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    thebuz wrote: »
    I agree with others that say you should just try week 4.

1 - 90% of the battle is the mental game where you are already convincing yourself that you can't do something before trying it. We're all guilty of doing this. Trust in yourself and the program because it works!

2 - Run slowly. Trust me when I say that you can run much slower than you think is possible. The program is meant to have you walk the walk components as quickly as possible and to run the run segments very slowly which can mean you are running slower than your walk. The idea behind the program is that your run and walk pace should be similar therefore you ease into running.

Good luck! You've got this.

Ditto this.

When I doubt myself, I can't do it. When I tell myself that I can, I do it.

I had a tough run this weekend. I started to doubt myself. I even started to panic. But I calmed myself down and said "I can do this" and realized that I would be disappointed in myself if I quit. I slowed down a little and just kept going and I made it.

Running is a mental game. It really is.

I love that you accomplished that!!!! Good job!
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness for my bestest exercise buddy!

7031p44vp0e7.jpg
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    When I was doing C25K I looked at the 5 minute run like the app was crazy, I could barely do the 3 minutes. I slowed down, put on a good song, took deeper breaths and was able to finish the whole 5 minutes :) You can do it!!

Edit: Just saw your post that you made it, awesome!
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So glad you were able to do it! I have tried Week 4 twice this week and have not been able to but I am inventing Week 3.5 for those and will try again for Week 4 on Monday! Just in case anyone else is stuck, I say don't give up and just make sure you do better than you did the week before. So what if it takes more than 1 week to complete a hard week? I'm lapping everyone on the couch :)

I think slowing down is the key too. You feel so ridiculous running that slow, like it's barely even considered running. But I slowed down today and got a lot closer to finishing!
  • Slainte831
    Options
    Week 3.5?? I LOVE IT!!

Yes, slowing down is the key. I have faith you will make it!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats. My suggestion was going to be slowing down but everybody beat me to the punch! Glad to see you did and slowed down. I'm getting back to running after a month and a half illness and I just ran the slowest I have since I started. Instead of beating myself up, I look at it as building the endurance back up.

Adorable running partner.
  • Slainte831
    Options
    A www, thanks! She is such a good puppy.

And you have the right attitude! Faster can come later.