Exercise and dinner time

Options
I have slowlllllly increased the amount of walking I am doing. I am now up to 25 minutes straight without pain or having to stop. My question comes now. The only time I am able to walk is between 5 & 6pm. When I am done walking I am not hungry. If I eat before I walk I feel sick to my tummy. If I were to drink a protein shake after walking as my dinner - taking into consideration I eat the rest of my available calories during breakfast and lunch; is this detrimental?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Meal timing does not affect weight loss. You could eat dinner at 10 p.m. if you wanted.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I sometimes bring along my breakfast smoothie on my morning walk. When I do, I carry a water bottle to balance out the other arm and do some curls and such.

I don't see any reason for you to not drink a protein shake after your walk for dinner.

Congrats on your improved time :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I would do what works. I think that's OK.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry, as meal timing is irrelevant.
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    pgm012197 wrote: »
    I have slowlllllly increased the amount of walking I am doing. I am now up to 25 minutes straight without pain or having to stop. My question comes now. The only time I am able to walk is between 5 & 6pm. When I am done walking I am not hungry. If I eat before I walk I feel sick to my tummy. If I were to drink a protein shake after walking as my dinner - taking into consideration I eat the rest of my available calories during breakfast and lunch; is this detrimental?
    Why do you think you need to eat after walking if you're not hungry? I would recommend eating only if you're hungry.
  • pgm012197
    pgm012197 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I went to my neurologist he stated I need to have protein after exercise to help my muscles repair themselves..... if I don't have to that would be great...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    While most people would say not to take nutrition advice from a doctor, a neurologist is one of the more important ones and this sounds specific to your medical needs and I would really do what he says on this.
  • pgm012197
    pgm012197 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL for your advice!