Starting from The Beginning...again

Options
Hi everyone, I'm lynds, 26 years old and living in the north east of England.

Thanks to mfp and various exercise dvds around a year ago I had lost almost 100lbs and felt more amazing then I had done in...ever. In the past year I have gained back almost all of that weight and I am back at 314 lbs.

I'm sick of looking at this like a failure, life got in the way and looking back I lost weight for the wrong reasons last time, I was just desperate to find someone to be with. I wanted men to find me attractive, once I found someone who loved me unconditionally I lost all motivation and slowly it creeped back on. Now I'm ready to do this for me and only me. My boyfriend supports my decision as long as I'm happy and healthy.
Looking for some friends who are maybe on this journey for a second time and we can support each other.

Lynds x

Replies

• hoppykins83
    hoppykins83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynds, I think it is so important to do things for the right reason. It seems likely that he would have found you attractive and loved you no matter what your weight was. At least now you have an idea how to do it and a better idea of why you are doing it! You get to do it this time for yourself and that's important. Consistency and support are important no matter what you do. People do all kinds of things in life for the wrong reason it feels meaningless. I wish you luck!
    Steve
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Start small and build.
    Every day is another beginning.
    With little changes come big results.
    Track calories, make better food choices, exercise weekly.
    This time next year, you'll be that much further ahead.
    Best of Luck! :flowerforyou: