Soda???

Options
adreal
adreal Posts: 229 Member
Just wondering how people felt about diet soda. I don't usually drink them but here lately I have just wanted something fizzy. I drink water all day and I get more than a plenty that way but sometimes I just want something different.

So has anyone noticed any bloating or anything weird drinking sodas???

Replies

• jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I've never been a big soda drinker, and would imagine I'd feel bloated from the carbonation if I drank it all day....but sometimes I drink one after dinner or at a party (if I'm driving and therefore can't have a real drink). I don't see anything wrong with it.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I have a coke every few months and it satisfies that craving pretty quickly. Keep it within your goals and you'll be fine.
  • adreal
    Options
    I always go diet if I get one just because I don't want to waste the calories but goodness the struggle is real!!
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been trying different sparkling waters instead of diet soda in order to try and avoid aspartame more often. There are a ton of different flavors and I love the brand La Croix.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking diet soda but it has had no affect on my weight, my health or anything else. I do have a soda stream and I drink other fizzy waters with no issues.

I guess the only bad affect I've had is when I've had too much fizzy too close to a really hard workout - kinda makes me not feel so great.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Ain't nuthin like the real thing baby!

If I'm gonna have a pop I'm gonna have real pop. Not one with some chemically added sweetener.
    That being said, I don't drink pop hardly ever any more, I drink beer. Not domestic; good craft :drinker:
  • ffwang82
    ffwang82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's good for weight management, but not so good for health. I am on the same boat that can't give up soda totally. I usually drink it with night snack to add some filler.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    For entertainment purposes, you could make use of Search function to see some of the spectacular crapstorms that this subject has prompted in the past in the forums.

As for myself, I haven't really noticed adverse effects of drinking diet soda.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    if i decide on an adult beverage, i'll usually use either diet dr. pepper or diet ginger ale as a mixer, but in terms of general consumption, i've cut waaaaaaay back since starting this journey.
  • adreal
    Options
    Adult beverages are best mixed with the real thing :)

I am quite sure this topic is heavily debated. But it's all good here. I just didn't know if anyone noticed a bloat/weight gain drinking it.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I used to think artificial sweeteners made me bloat-turns out it was simply my very high fiber intake. Some people can get bloated from aspartame or other fake sweeteners-but it's never bugged me. Love the diet dr pepper
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Ain't nuthin like the real thing baby!

If I'm gonna have a pop I'm gonna have real pop. Not one with some chemically added sweetener.
    That being said, I don't drink pop hardly ever any more, I drink beer. Not domestic; good craft :drinker:
    Wait you mean to tell me beer is natural and not "chemically" derived? That there's actually a beer tree or plant?
    Just sayin' that everything we consume is made of chemicals, natural or artificial, and the body is very well adapted at breaking them down to simplest forms to be absorbed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I do bloat from soda. Even one. Diet or regular, it doesn't matter.

But I rarely drink it--maybe once or twice in the last year. I'm thinking I'll have one to celebrate hitting goal in the next week or so B)