Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do ou get rid of belly fat?

My main problem area is my stomach, particularly my lower stomach. I have issues shifting this weight.

Does anyone have any tips on some exercises that help to minimise belly fat?

Replies

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Exercises will not help get rid of belly fat.

Think of it this way: Say you have an inch of belly fat on top of the muscle. Now, you do exercises to strengthen the muscle. The muscle grows. So now you have your inch of belly fat on top of the bigger muscle.

You probably wouldn't gain muscle in a deficit, but my point is stomach exercises won't help.

The key is to lose the fat through your diet :)
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Eat at a deficit. Wait until your body decides to drop fat there.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    You have to continue to lose fat. Most people lose the belly fat last, this is genetics. Sorry nothing you can do will reduce fat in a certain area. Your body/genetics decides that.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    betuel75 wrote: »
    You have to continue to lose fat. Most people lose the belly fat last, this is genetics. Sorry nothing you can do will reduce fat in a certain area. Your body/genetics decides that.

^^^^ this

just got to keep grinding
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    You maintain your Calorie Deficit until it's gone.

Short of Liposuction, it's the only way.

Only.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    You deficit.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    You can do planks, six inches, crunches, weights, all that jazz, but all it really does is tone the muscles - it doesn't get rid of fat.

To get rid of the fat, you have to keep dieting and just wait for it to shift.
  • christineqk
    christineqk Posts: 2 Member
    Same problem here. Good to know only dieting helps.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Eat at a defecit, lift heavy