Here is a full body pic. How much more weight should I lose?

Options
I am a 5'8", 179 pound woman with an apple shape. How much more weight should I lose? (just curious what people think, I know it's up to me in the end) :smile: vfafjm8ll3db.jpg

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, and my goal is 140lbs or slightly under. It's hard to put a number on it for you. I'll take a stab and estimate 20-25lbs.

ETA: My boobs looked like yours when I was around your weight :+1: they were the first to go :cry:
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    IDK I would say maybe somewhere between 15-20 lbs? but yes it is completely up to how you feel.

pss great happy smile :#
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I just want to say - you have a really, really great shape! I like christinev297's answer of 20-25 lbs and take it one step further: aim for something thereabouts as an initial goal, and then see how you look/feel. After being at my initial goal weight for awhile, I decided I wanted to be even lighter (I'm a runner). The wonderful thing about all of this is nothing is ever set in stone.

Good luck!
  • dark_rainbow_meracorn
    Options
    I'd say 5-10lbs if you want to. But I think you look gorgeous just how you are. How much do you want to lose?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Twenty?

Whatever you want. :)
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    None, you look good.
  • SunnyDuckz
    SunnyDuckz Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm the same height. I started at 200lbs, now I'm at 160. My goal is 135-140.
    You look great though, when I was at 179, I didn't look as good as you. I'm probably more critical of myself than others are though. I'm also 'Apple shaped' ugh. Lol.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I had a similar body when I first started (but you have better legs :) )and my goal was 20 lbs.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks people! My final goal was 160, but it was so hard to even get to the 170's from 215. I would like to be able to stay at 170 so I don't need to lower my cals any more, but I'm afraid enough won't come off my middle poochy spare tire area! Really wish I could "spot lose" haha!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Wow you look great. I'm your same height and a few pounds less and don't look anything like that.

edited to add: My goal is 150 - even though I know I will still look huge at that weight I don't think I can realistically get below that and maintain it.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    15?
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Your body shape it great, I would think 150-155 depending on how you feel at that size.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    First off: well done on your loss thus far, you look great :)

It's really hard to predict what weight loss is going to look like on different people, but going by the picture I'd probably say 15-25. If it were me, I'd just set my goal in 10 lb increments and re-assess each time. You'll know it when you see it.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I'm just in to say you look good! :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You have nice legs already. Do some strength training ( Google a program like stronglifts or nrolfw) and you'll be fine.
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look fantastic already! Id do some toning and lose maybe 20 and see how you feel. But girl you really do look great :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just enough that you're happy with you.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Do not look for answers from us as to how much weight you should lose. We are fools when it comes to this compared to you.