Am I on the right track to see my weekly deficit calories??

Options
dc1arkson
dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
gsoaejubqqs9.jpg
Is this my weekly deficit calories? Just a bit confused which number should j be looking at and if not where can I find that info ?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    That looks like the correct screen to me (though yours looks different than mine does; probably something with an update...). Did you recently start logging?

~Lyssa
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    That looks like the correct screen to me (though yours looks different than mine does; probably something with an update...). Did you recently start logging?

~Lyssa

I have been logging a while now just missed Sunday lol
    I am on iPhone app just can't seem to work out what my week deficit is so far
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    dc1arkson wrote: »
    macgurlnet wrote: »

~Lyssa

I have been logging a while now just missed Sunday lol
    I am on iPhone app just can't seem to work out what my week deficit is so far

Okay - I updated my phone and checked again. On that screen that you're looking at, do you have a "total" and "Net" option towards the top of the screen? It looks like you're on the "Total" one and if you switch to the "Net" one, then scroll down, you should see the number of calories you have left for the week. I'm not sure if the math is done correctly on the "Total" tab (and I've only ever used the "Net" one anyway).

~Lyssa
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    Ah ha so Is this it the 9k ? 4z2qzrb6z4xx.jpg
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    No. You're nearly 10,000 calories under your weekly goal. Your weekly goal on MFP already includes a before-exercise deficit (assuming you told MFP you wanted to lose weight, and the other information you gave MFP was correct). So your weekly deficit at this point is 10,000 calories plus your goal deficit (which is 3500 calories X the number of pounds you told MFP you wanted to lose per week).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You should be aiming for the 2270 daily, or averaged throughout the week. Netting less than 1500 a day can lead to health concerns in the long run, including muscle loss.