Zucchini Noodles!

I've just recently realized how much I LOVE zucchini noodles and, as someone who is obsessed with pasta, they are totally a life saver! Tonight I made shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles and it was delicious!

If you've tried zucchini noodles before, what are some of your favorite ways to eat them? I need some new ideas! :)

63akak94khnl.jpg

Replies

• GreenHeather2014
    GreenHeather2014 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm not a pasta addict, but I enjoy the zucchini noodles with Parmesan, lemon, pepper, and whatever else I can throw in to make a meal or side out of it.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Today I made some yellow squash noodles, mushrooms, green onion, fresh oregano and rosemary cooked with chicken breasts in a little butter, with a splash of sake to finish. It was RIDICULOUSLY good! I just bought a spiralizer so I am really excited to get some more ideas!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    I made spaghetti, with red sauce and vegetarian "meat", and even my skeptical father in law loved it! I like zoodles with olive oil and Parmesan, red or white sauce, with veggies and soy sauce, tuna and red pepper flakes, and next I want to make carrot noodles.
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    ^ not all those together, obviously, lol
  • MaggieCorbs
    MaggieCorbs Posts: 8 Member
    Where did you guys find a spiralizer? Is there another way to make them? Sounds yummy. Just miss my pasta!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    I got a julienne slicer recommended by Oh She Glows. You don't get the fun spirals, but it was only $6 and its small (like a veggie peeler).
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    I bought one from Amazon that was called the Vegetti Spiralizer. It was around $25, which made it one of the more expensive ones, but I was a little afraid of cutting myself so I sprang for the fancier kind. It still feels a little dangerous, honestly, but I'm not great with kitchen gadgets with blades. I often nick myself with a regular old vegetable peeler or a box grater.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited August 2015
    The paderno is $35 on Amazon. I've had it for 3 years and bought 3 as gifts for others!
    Also, if you're looking for recipes, inspiralized.com is all recipes that are spiralized vegetables. It's awesome!

She makes rice, "buns," pizza, and I would have never thought to use daikon or broccoli stalks to spiralize!

For zucchini noodles, though, I like to sauté vegetables and add in a wedge or two of spreadable cheese - like laughing cow - for cheesy noodles.
    enrqhj11rokx.jpg
    Or buffalo chicken noodles
    amdd9027q9yi.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Butternut squash noodles with bacon and spinach
    mxzrzbb8sov1.jpg

Kung pao
    q2y3r9qnusm6.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Beets on kale salad
    op1uj8kx65o1.jpg
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Omg, those all look amazing!! I definitely need to try butternut squash noodles this fall! Thank you so much for all the ideas!! :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Omg, those all look amazing!! I definitely need to try butternut squash noodles this fall! Thank you so much for all the ideas!! :)

You're welcome! Definitely check out the recipe website - so many different veggies can be spiralized and used in different ways.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Loving this thread. I have them priced out I can find the smaller one for $9.99. So I may go that route but I plan to make spaghetti here soon and I will use zoodles for mine. I liked seeing the pics of other dishes with it. I used to make spahgetti with cut up zucchini. So I know I'll like it I want to try carrot too if it will cut that. I have put pureed carrot in spaghetti sauce and love it. I just really think cooked tomatoes and carrots pair well.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Beets on kale salad
    op1uj8kx65o1.jpg
    Looks yummy what is the other stuff(triangle shaped stuff) is it tofu? I've been putting beets on salad for a long time. I especially love pickled beets though.

• ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Loving this thread. I have them priced out I can find the smaller one for $9.99. So I may go that route but I plan to make spaghetti here soon and I will use zoodles for mine. I liked seeing the pics of other dishes with it. I used to make spahgetti with cut up zucchini. So I know I'll like it I want to try carrot too if it will cut that. I have put pureed carrot in spaghetti sauce and love it. I just really think cooked tomatoes and carrots pair well.

Puréed carrots in tomato sauce is an awesome idea! I love throwing veggies into anything I can to get some extra vitamins and fiber! Zucchini brownies are also one of my favorites.. they are AMAZING
  • Queenmunchy
    Beets on kale salad
    op1uj8kx65o1.jpg
    Looks yummy what is the other stuff(triangle shaped stuff) is it tofu? I've been putting beets on salad for a long time. I especially love pickled beets though.

Yep, it's beets on a kale salad with sunflower seeds and tofu and tahini dressing. So good!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    It sounds 100% lame, but I could happily live out my life eating 25g of actual spaghetti with 2 noodleised zucchini and 30g of light tasty cheese at every single meal.