43 and need to lose 100+

I am a 43 yr old mom of two/+2 stepsons
I am going to put this out here because I have not admitted this to anyone except my husband. I am weighing in at an all time high of 278lbs. I cannot belive it has come to this. I cant ride roller coasters and I am tired all the time. I work 3 12hr night shifts a week and it takes all week to recover. I belong to a fitness center and never go. I have a great neighborhood and park system near by for walking and never go. I stay home and eat. I do well for four or five days and fall off the wagon and never get back on it. I know I am not alone. My BP is high but controlled with meds. Otherwise healthy. I know my aches and pains would all go away if i wasnt so heavy and out of shape. SOOOO anywho I am looking for some new friends to tag along with me here! Thanks

Replies

• playswithsqurriels
    playswithsqurriels Posts: 17 Member
    Good luck with your journey!
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Have you had a sleep test done for sleep apnea?? This might be one reason you are tired and a lot of overweight people have it. Have you thought about advertising for a fitness buddy? There is probably someone just like you waiting to find someone to exercise with. By how much are you reducing your calorie intake?? A lot of people try and keep their calories too low. You won't lose a lot of weight at once but then your body won't be demanding carbs either. Have you been tested for diabetes? If you reduce your carbs slowly your body will not crave them so much. If you reduce your carbs slowly it will set your body sugar level requirements lower. Otherwise your body will fight you all the way to keep your sugar levels up. The lower your sugar levels the less you will feel like eating. I plan to try a combination of Paleo diet and THM diet. I need something that will fit into my lifestyle that is low carbs. I bought a spiralizer with the idea of making zucchini noodles instead of pasta noodles. Got to find a substitute for bread. Seen several on the websites I want to try. I got some free Kobo books off of Amazon and Pinterest.com has lots of recipes for both diets too. Someone else will have to do their own cooking for the next 5 months unless they want to eat my food.
  • taramcrahe
    taramcrahe Posts: 5 Member
    Brin1956 I dont have sleep apnea. I have been tested, also I am a respiratory therapist (I treat people with sleep apnea) so of course i made sure it wasnt that. I am thinking it is either too much diet soda or bread. or both. Bread is really my only carb issue lately. I love chips but have done will with out them. I switched my bread to the Arnold thins whole wheat and they are great but i still eat too many of them. I like your idea about the using a spiral thingamajig. that is a cool idea.
  • taramcrahe
    taramcrahe Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you playswithsquirrels!!
  • harescrambled
    harescrambled Posts: 4 Member
    My love is 59 this year...she was about the same weight as you, and 5'6" tall. She got on the weight watchers program and stuck with it....lost 110 pounds so far, and about to begin an exercise program. It's doable, I promise...just takes massive amounts of willpower... You can't just want it. You have to need it, and believe you'll end if you don't have it.

(That's how I got through a 28 year nicotine addiction....I NEEDED it to be over. Was pretty recent, but I know in my soul it's over...keeps me going). I'd offer you diet suggestions but my diet is to support a ridiculous amount of activity...doesn't apply. So I'll offer moral support instead...you're a mom of 2...and at 43 the kids are either still relatively young, or soon to be adults. You want to be there and healthy to see your children progress into and through adulthood I'm sure. You also want to meet your grandchildren, right? The only biological grandparent I was able to meet and remember was my maternal grandmother... The rest of my grandparents passed before I was born or when I was an infant....proper diet and some fitness would have changed thsty.
  • justash6406
    justash6406 Posts: 10 Member
    your weight was my start weight.. i have lost 28lbs with beachbody, i really love the programs.. good luck ill add you as a friend, also i see your in ohio im in pittsburgh. you can do this, if ya want more help or to just chat message me