Tracking steps - HELP!

I have an "old fashioned" pedometer that doesn't link (sync) to anything. Is there a way within myfitnesspal to manually track steps ... I.e. is there some place where I can manually enter them at the end of the day?

Replies

• alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm not sure about that but if you have a smartphone you can track your steps. You just go to "home" then look all the way to the bottom right of your screen where you'll see 3 dots with the word 'more' under it. Click on that then scroll down and you'll see 'steps'
  • Lors_Lore
    Lors_Lore Posts: 2 Member
    I use a pedometer that doesn't sync as well...I don't always have my phone on me. I enter in exercise notes. No exercise credit but keeping track does keep me motivated. I'd be interested to know if there is another way to enter.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Lors_Lore wrote: »
    I use a pedometer that doesn't sync. No exercise credit but keeping track does keep me motivated.

I'd be interested to know if there is another way to enter.

This is a good way to do it. The other thing you can do is use your pedometer info to decide which activity level to choose.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    You could add it manually maybe under cardio for walking?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited August 2015
    From the Help section: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/300784-can-i-convert-my-pedometer-steps-into-calories-
    We account for some amount of walking based on the "activity" level in your profile. If you take an additional walk for exercise and would like to get credit for the additional calories, we recommend logging this as "walking" in your Exercise diary, and recording the number of minutes walked.

Or if your pedometer reports the calories burned, you can add a custom exercise to your database and call it "pedometer."

If you would like to chart your steps walked on a daily basis, you can add steps as a measurement to track in your account.

The Help article has links.