I am lost, don't know how to get back to my old weight

Options
At my lightest, a size 12. My heaviest, I can't even fit into a size 54 jeans. I have broken bones in my back, causing severe pain and possible paralysis if I fall wrong. Because of that and the weight, I can't exercise like other people can. I can barely walk 10 foot without having excruciating pain. I can't have the much needed back fusion that I need because I'm so big. Been told I need to lose 115 lbs before being considered for surgery. Dr's said they are fighting to get me the gastric bypass to help lose the weight. I'm just fighting for my life here. Only two people, and my 10 yr old daughter support my decision to have surgery and lose weight. I need more supporters. Someone that I can look up to. ;) I know it's a long and hard journey to endure, but I've got to get into a healthier lifestyle. I'm into making friends and talking a lot. I don't judge. Hope you have a great journey too.

Replies

• justash6406
    justash6406 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    congrats on making this choice, have you tried anything like the 21 day fix meal plan? i lost 28 lbs on 2 rounds of it, my husband weighs much more than me and was not able to do the workouts he still lost with the meal plan, plus now you can do cize its seriously for everyone because you only do what you can and just keep progressing... its amazing, if you want more info let me know i would love to help
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • knowlestandy
    knowlestandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @ justash6406, Hello. Thank you for commenting! I have just begun looking into the 21 day fix program. The diet would be awesome to follow. However, I am on a limited income, and I can't afford as much food as they say I need to consume. I also can't exercise because I have broken bones in my back. I can barely walk the 10 foot to my restroom and then back to either my bed or couch. I can't stand at all. I have a caregiver and my husband helps me too. But I am currently on a 1,800 calorie diet. I feel like I eat SO much food. But when I put it in MFP counter, it says I'm under cals and it won't let me finalize it until I add more cals. I don't understand how it can want me to eat more when I'm so full and can't eat anymore. I'd love to get to talking about your experiences and how they might help me. If you don't mind, I'd like to add you to my friends list. Look forward to hearing from you.
    @ cupcakesplz...Hello. Thank you for welcoming me. I hope you are doing well on your journey. I'd like to hear more about it if you don't mind. If you don't mind, I'd like to add you too. Look forward to hearing from you also.
  • Agatharr
    Agatharr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I hope you get the surgery. My sis got hers and it's going good for her.
    She is very happy she got it.
    She does have the occasional setback when she eats too much and gets stomach pain, so don't hope it to be a magic fix, you really need to work on it. But I'm sure you can do it :)