Losing weight

Options
how long will it take me to lose 10 lbs if I eat 1300 calories a day? I am feeling so down! I really need to lose 10 lbs fast so my clothes are not so tight

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Age, height, activity level?

Have you read the "sticky" posts at the top of this forum?
  • taraannadams
    taraannadams Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No I haven't but thanks I will read it !
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    It depends on your height and your weight. Your profile says you need to lose eleven pounds. At half a pound a week, which is a LOT given your current weight, it will take you 20 weeks to lose ten pounds.
  • taraannadams
    taraannadams Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have my profile set for me to lose 1 lb a week. I am suppose to eat 1350 calories a day but I set it to 1300 really? It says it will take me that long. Where do u find that information ? Lol. I didn't know u could see my profile.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    The math isn't exact. At best, I lose about 2/3 of what the math says I should. That's a good week! That's a week I jump for joy.

Some people find that they lose exactly what the math says they should.

If you're supposed to lose a pound a week, then the obvious guess is ten weeks for ten pounds. How it will actually work out? Who knows.

But stick with it and it will work out, eventually. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I always lost, over time (eg averaged over 6-8 weeks) what I set out to lose

I don't think a lb a week is too high

Read sexypants and calorie counting 101 in the stickies
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I have my profile set for me to lose 1 lb a week. I am suppose to eat 1350 calories a day but I set it to 1300 really? It says it will take me that long. Where do u find that information ? Lol. I didn't know u could see my profile.

We can just see this:

53dbd4a53d2e97e0115d6e82a7e81ad1.png

As for the rest, it's just math.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    how long will it take me to lose 10 lbs if I eat 1300 calories a day? I am feeling so down! I really need to lose 10 lbs fast so my clothes are not so tight

I would focus on losing weight sustainably rather than quickly. People who feel deprived are more likely to chuck the weight loss plan and go back to the eating habits that caused them to gain the weight in the first place.

You can try setting your goals for losing a pound per week, but with only 11 pounds to lose, setting them for 0.5 pound per week is more realistically obtainable. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to use a food scale to weigh everything you consume. There's not much room for error when you only have 10lbs to lose so being as accurate as possible will help.
    Nobody can give you an exact time frame for your weight loss, that will all depend on you.