I'm back, need supportive friends

Options
UrbanLotus
UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
edited August 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I was a regular on here a couple years ago but life happened and I fell off, unfortunately have gained some weight back. Ideally I'm looking to lose 50lbs, but I'll be happy losing 25 to get back to where mfp got me before.

Having friends on here really helped before so I'm looking for some supportive friends that maybe share some things in common. I'm 35, a lawyer in the DC area, emotional eater, not religious, news junkie, don't love working out lol. I'm also very social which makes it extra hard to stay on top of this - how many times can you say no to wine or late night pizza?? :)

Replies

• hamadaFOX90
    hamadaFOX90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hii:)
    Iam Ahmed and today is my first day :)
    And iam searching for people that will help me and be a motivation for me so i can go on
  • TheFred61
    TheFred61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been a member for a couple years, but after reaching my target weight, I began my stress eating again. I want to lose the weight I've gained before it becomes a real problem (about 15 lbs.) Having just returned from Sweden where we ate waaaaay too many meals a day, leaving me feeling awful, too, I just know I've got to get back in the saddle. I teach and the school year is about 3 weeks away, which means, I've got to make the most of the time I have now and am also looking for support to stay on track AND, once I've reached that target weight, stay there. That's the real catch.
  • ashleesaid
    ashleesaid Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to say no to junk food! I'm with you. I'm on day 7 and I've gone over my cals several times already. Just always trying to remember how I feel when I eat healthy and exercise!
  • mirandagirl2
    mirandagirl2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I understand how hard it is I have struggled with the same things for years. I know you can do it and we are all here to support you! ☺
  • tercasey
    tercasey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm only recently back myself, I lost over 3 stone the last time I I used MFP but due to some reasons I fell back into my old ways. I didn't put it all back on but a lot that I didn't want to. Back and more determined than ever! :)
  • khaleelah83
    khaleelah83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is lil in this is my first day on this. I'm look for a support community For is looking to lose weight my goal is to lose 85 pounds.....I gained so much weight from steroid and birth control... now it's the hardest to lose weight now.... if anyone has any tips I'm open ty
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, we can do this!
  • arielsquats
    arielsquats Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i fell off the wagon too, but i'm ready to do it right this time. we can all do it right this time. :)