Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How can that be?

Reema_capricorn
Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
edited August 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I had an appointment with my psychiatrist. I usually check my weight there. It seems like I have lost 3 kgs as of today(my last appt with her was on 9th july and I weighed 84 kgs then) But the machine I own at home is showing 85-86 kgs. what do i do? Do i trust the doc's machine or go by my machine? Help! thanks in advance.

Replies

• rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Weight fluctuates throughout the day. I weigh myself when I wake up after I use the bathroom.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 674 Member
    Every scale is calibrated differently, so it's recommended to that you use the same scale in the same place with the same conditions (time of day, clothing or lack thereof, after elimination, etc) to track your weight changes.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Weight fluctuates. Trust the one you use at home to show your trends.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Pick a scale and always use that scale.
    Weighing at the same time, under the same conditions.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    I only trust my scale at home because even if it's wrong, it's consistently wrong, lol. I can weigh myself and be one weight, and do nothing except get dressed and go to my psychiatrist's office and the scale will have magically gained 6 pounds. For many reasons, of course, one of which is the fact that I'm now wearing clothes, haha