Sooo hungry today..ugh

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    The problem with under eating is that it leads to binging...and when people binge, they typically don't do it on foods that nourish their bodies, but on junk food, like your donut.

I'm not going to second-guess your doctor, but I am going to second guess your choice of food. When you eat very little, it's even more important to make good food choices instead of bad ones. Not even discussing what might be bad in the donut, focus on what it isn't giving you - vitamins and minerals that you need.

Surely the doctors who recommended a low-cal diet suggested that you eat healthy foods and avoid things like donuts. I know they didn't say, "We want you to eat a low-calorie diet, but while you do, make sure that a good chunk of it isn't nourishing you."

You want to be healthy. Eat good food that helps you with that. You should consider calling that doctor up and saying, "When I stick to this diet, I'm starving and end up eating doughnuts. Can you refer me to a dietitian?" The dietitian will help you come up with a plan on how to stick to whatever this diet is and make good food choices.

If you don't want to call, at least mention it next time you're in.

Sorry but a donut is not junk food it's just fat and carbs...and a donut or donuts can be a part of an overall healthy diet ....
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    The problem with under eating is that it leads to binging...and when people binge, they typically don't do it on foods that nourish their bodies, but on junk food, like your donut.

I'm not going to second-guess your doctor, but I am going to second guess your choice of food. When you eat very little, it's even more important to make good food choices instead of bad ones. Not even discussing what might be bad in the donut, focus on what it isn't giving you - vitamins and minerals that you need.

Surely the doctors who recommended a low-cal diet suggested that you eat healthy foods and avoid things like donuts. I know they didn't say, "We want you to eat a low-calorie diet, but while you do, make sure that a good chunk of it isn't nourishing you."

You want to be healthy. Eat good food that helps you with that. You should consider calling that doctor up and saying, "When I stick to this diet, I'm starving and end up eating doughnuts. Can you refer me to a dietitian?" The dietitian will help you come up with a plan on how to stick to whatever this diet is and make good food choices.

Sorry but a donut is not junk food it's just fat and carbs...and a donut or donuts can be a part of an overall healthy diet ....

All I know is it was amazing..and I'm glad I only at half =D
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • ndj1979
    Options

Based on your low caloric intake I don't think a whole donut is going to ruin anything or two for that matter
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options

Based on your low caloric intake I don't think a whole donut is going to ruin anything or two for that matter

I drank a big bottle of water, and I feel much better. I think my next food will be a turkey club sammch, in a couple hours =]
  • ndj1979
    Options

I drank a big bottle of water, and I feel much better. I think my next food will be a turkey club sammch, in a couple hours =]
    Sounds good op

Try eating over 1700 calories a day and you should not have any issues that you identified in your op....