Stuck at 130 HELP (5'3)

Options
Hi,
I need help.
For the last month I've been stuck at 130.
My goal weight is between 115-120.
I'm 5'3 and in February I started using MFP and lost 24 pounds since then at 1 pound a week without fail.
I eat 1230 calories and run between 2-5 miles a day 6x a week. On days that I run 2-3 miles I also lift heavy weight altern between different body parts on different days. My 4-5 mile runs or interval runs and on those days I don't lift. I also walk 10000 steps a day.

How can I overcome 130 and lose more weight? Should I eat more? Should I eat less? Exercise more?

Please share your experience and anything that might help thanks.

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem to me that your calorie intake (1230--is that gross or net? I'm going on gross based on what you said) is supporting your activity level. You could be losing lean body mass by not meeting your body's nutritional needs.

At your height and weight, you're at a healthy weight. Why the fixation on losing another 10-15 pounds? If you're not happy with the way your body looks, I don't think your current eating and exercise habits are going to help change that. I would focus more on lifting and consider upping your calories as well as looking at your macros and possibly increasing healthy fat and protein.

Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE? Have you met Scooby? http://scoobysworkshop.com/calories-burned/
  • sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If your info is accurate you are under-eating by a long shot... I know plenty of women who are near your build and they eat 1600-2000 calories... losing weight or are lowering their overall body fat %.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food on a scale?
    Are you using any entries from the database that are "Homemade-" or "Generic-"?
    How long has your weight been the same?
    Are your measurements changing?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

Read the first post in this thread (actually you should read the whole thread but I realized most people don't have that kind of patience). It basically boils down to accuracy with your intake like using a food scale, consistency and patience.
  • momentai
    momentai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sheltol wrote: »
    If your info is accurate you are under-eating by a long shot... I know plenty of women who are near your build and they eat 1600-2000 calories... losing weight or are lowering their overall body fat %.

Those are very lucky woman cause if I eat anywhere near to 2000 I start to gain weight.
  • momentai
    Options

I use a scale and try to find the most accurate entries in the database. My weight has been stuck for almost 4 weeks. Sadly my measurements have not budged.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Check the MFP database against the USDA database, for calorie content in food, so you know you are as accurate as can be.

Reassess your NEAT or TDEE and eat as much as possible, helps retain your LBM.

Eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories

All the sensible things being said- I know how you feel; being close to your goal and within a healthy weight.
    It is really hard to lose those last few 'vanity' pounds. It took me longer to lose the last 10 than it did the first 20. Most was a half, sometimes a quarter, pound a week.
    Stick with it, it is just going to be slow moving.

Cheers, h.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    At this point in your journey, you have to be extremely tight with your logging and make sure you weigh everything that you eat!
    Also only eat back 1/2 of your exercise calories.
    Set MFP to only lose 1/2 pound a week.
    The last 10 pounds come off very slowly!
    Patience........
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Yeah, sorry. That's not true for most women.

I'm your height (actually 5'3.5 :wink:) and I weigh 115. I maintain around 1600 on non-workout days and 1800 on workout days.

If you're not losing, i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that somehow, somewhere, you're not counting your cals properly. Something like sauces, oils, drinks etc. is throwing you off. OR if you're eating back your exercise calories that could be where the problem lies.

I'd say tighten up your logging and give it a week or so.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    momentai wrote: »

Those are very lucky woman cause if I eat anywhere near to 2000 I start to gain weight.

Most of those women were just like you... eating 1200 calories and working out multiple times a week...

Here's the thing... when they started eating more (upping slowly every week or two).. they initially gained weight too. but they trusted the process and pushed through... maybe 2000 a day is too much... but the idea is to eat as much as you can and not gain weight...

I mean think about it... Can you eat less? Can you work out more? At what point do you start to think... something doesn't make sense here? 1000 calories a day? 800 calories a day? Running 8-10 miles vs 6?
  • tabletmfp
    tabletmfp Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Check the MFP database against the USDA database, for calorie content in food, so you know you are as accurate as can be.

Reassess your NEAT or TDEE and eat as much as possible, helps retain your LBM.

Eat back 50-75% of your exercise calories

All the sensible things being said- I know how you feel; being close to your goal and within a healthy weight.
    It is really hard to lose those last few 'vanity' pounds. It took me longer to lose the last 10 than it did the first 20. Most was a half, sometimes a quarter, pound a week.
    Stick with it, it is just going to be slow moving.

Cheers, h.

• tabletmfp
    tabletmfp Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well done on your success so far, but even if you do loose the extra weight it will be impossible to maintain it? Your body is at a comfortable weight now. I'm sure you look great. Shame you can't see it.
  • momentai
    edited August 2015
    Options
    tabletmfp wrote: »
    Well done on your success so far, but even if you do loose the extra weight it will be impossible to maintain it? Your body is at a comfortable weight now. I'm sure you look great. Shame you can't see it.

Sadly I wish I have some excess loose skin not much but makes my belly look bad and my arms very saggy. Losing more weight would help as well as building muscles, which is my main goal. The last few pounds make a huge difference in apperiance.

I do believe I am to hard on myself and should give myself a break, I know it takes time. Just need to buckle down and concentrate on building muscles.
  • shadow2soul
    edited August 2015
    Options

I use a scale and try to find the most accurate entries in the database. My weight has been stuck for almost 4 weeks. Sadly my measurements have not budged.

My only guess is something isn't right somewhere. However, the only thing I can suggest is to tighten up your logging.

You sound to be more active than me but your eating a lot less so I'm not really sure why you're stuck. Hopefully you can figure out what's going on and get things moving again.
  • momentai
    Options

My only guess is something isn't right somewhere. However, the only thing I can suggest is to tighten up your logging.

You sound to be more active than me but your eating a lot less so I'm not really sure why you're stuck. Hopefully you can figure out what's going on and get things moving again.

Thanks I'll try bucking down on my intake even more. I might just have a lot of water retention that cause of the heat might last extra long.
    I'll just keep on keeping on. Hopefully it will pass
  • shadow2soul
    Options

Thanks I'll try bucking down on my intake even more. I might just have a lot of water retention that cause of the heat might last extra long.
    I'll just keep on keeping on. Hopefully it will pass
    Good luck. I recently decided to tighten up my logging to hopefully prevent a stall. So now crystal light, diet MTN Dew , and sweetener packets all get logged (previously things I didn't worry about).