Over 50's

Options
2»

Replies

• Mere_Fitness
    Mere_Fitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    58 years old and new to the concept of calorie tracking. I have always fought my weight, but have won the battle with frequent but small (less than 10 pound swings).... until now. I feel like Tim Allen in the movie "Santa Clause." I look down at my belly and am intrigued at it protruding out --- all on its own (seemingly)---as if by magic (seemingly).

I am up 10 pounds. Ideal weight is 93# and am suddenly (as in bad magic) at 103#. May sound light, but at 4'11.5" my clothing no longer fits - and there is a lap of fat hanging over my waistband - and my thighs rub together - and I am stuck.

My hats off to all of you who have stayed the course for longer visions. You are truly inspiring me to STOP WHINING, and get back to INPUT/OUTPUT.

Yes it may be much harder (violins please...did I mention that my knee aches, and that I can't possibly carve time to go to the gym, and, oh by the way, I am on estrogen!!) but no one, NO ONE walked out of WWII concentration camps with fat pads.

Now, I have to follow your examples and do the simple (but oh so difficult) discipline of moderation, exercise, and welcome a wee bit of hunger.

Thanks to all of you for pointing me in the right direction.