I ate a McDonalds Big Mac today

Options

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Four Reese's mini peanut butter cups, also delicious.
    Some Reese's Oreos

I'm more excited about the gelato I bought today. :p

^^those Reese's Oreos are the best! I don't even like Oreos.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna eat pizza later at my DD's kid's party.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LittleLadWantsToWin
    LittleLadWantsToWin Posts: 11 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    vegetable coconut curry with chicken after a month abroad

i only get a kids meal when i go to mcdonalds since that's the size the adult meal used to be. i never go though, to be honest.
  • alwilson1974
    alwilson1974 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Biscuitville sausage platter....breakfast of champions!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    chocolate cake
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Chorizo
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Homemade peach pie.
  • cherub14
    cherub14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Vanilla soft serve from Sonic
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Steak.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    David_2015 wrote: »
    It was delicious.

What did you enjoy eating today?

I shudder....because i work at McDonald's. Lol

What's it like? Do you get free meals?

Well. I get half off anything i want to buy, they give us free food all the time as incentives to do well and keep times down, a $15 gift certificate for their food for Xmas, and 12 months worth of coupons for 4 free meals each month. We do take the breakfast food that doesn't get sold, count it as waste, then eat it free, lol. I suspect this is a practice that goes on at a ton of restaurants that work like that.

I eat the fruit and yogurt parfaits and sometimes the salads. My restaurant actually isn't terrible when it comes to timing food, for the most part. I get all the free meals and stuff and give them to my kids or my husband.

They treat us like absolute *kitten*, though. Been there two years, my last week is this week, then I'm off to take a pay cut to work at an animal shelter in the city that i am finishing my bachelor's degree in. I won't see my kids or husband much during the week, but that place is terrible. If i absolutely can't find a different job for college breaks, i suppose I'll keep working there (technically on a leave of absence, and flexibility is the only good thing i can say about the place).

I never have a problem avoiding the food, though, because I'm around it all the time. So i have ZERO cravings and only get food when it's free or i have no food in the house to pack my own lunch. (that's usually due to pure laziness, though.) and I'll be the first to admit, we hire a lot of lazy and stupid people just because we are unwilling to pay anyone decent enough to keep them. (case in point, i have an associate's degree and am a manager and I'm still leaving, lol)

Killed all desire for fast food for me, for the most part. :p

Did you get the little booklet of discounts offered through their partners? Years ago we go those and we all got a chuckle from the 5% discount we got on any new Ford product..... Including Land Rovers and Jaguars :)

I would often make different foods from the ingredients around the place and except of an occasional asshat manager or coworker it was a decent enough place to be.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I ate at a Mexican restaurant that I've been craving last night and it was like HEAVEN LOL.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I was able to enjoy an entire pizza :) It was amazingly delicious.

~Lyssa
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    My green smoothie was good today. I added grapes & pineapple to it, and it was delicious. :)
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Drewlssix wrote: »
    David_2015 wrote: »
    It was delicious.

What did you enjoy eating today?

I shudder....because i work at McDonald's. Lol

What's it like? Do you get free meals?

Well. I get half off anything i want to buy, they give us free food all the time as incentives to do well and keep times down, a $15 gift certificate for their food for Xmas, and 12 months worth of coupons for 4 free meals each month. We do take the breakfast food that doesn't get sold, count it as waste, then eat it free, lol. I suspect this is a practice that goes on at a ton of restaurants that work like that.

I eat the fruit and yogurt parfaits and sometimes the salads. My restaurant actually isn't terrible when it comes to timing food, for the most part. I get all the free meals and stuff and give them to my kids or my husband.

They treat us like absolute *kitten*, though. Been there two years, my last week is this week, then I'm off to take a pay cut to work at an animal shelter in the city that i am finishing my bachelor's degree in. I won't see my kids or husband much during the week, but that place is terrible. If i absolutely can't find a different job for college breaks, i suppose I'll keep working there (technically on a leave of absence, and flexibility is the only good thing i can say about the place).

I never have a problem avoiding the food, though, because I'm around it all the time. So i have ZERO cravings and only get food when it's free or i have no food in the house to pack my own lunch. (that's usually due to pure laziness, though.) and I'll be the first to admit, we hire a lot of lazy and stupid people just because we are unwilling to pay anyone decent enough to keep them. (case in point, i have an associate's degree and am a manager and I'm still leaving, lol)

Killed all desire for fast food for me, for the most part. :p

Did you get the little booklet of discounts offered through their partners? Years ago we go those and we all got a chuckle from the 5% discount we got on any new Ford product..... Including Land Rovers and Jaguars :)

I would often make different foods from the ingredients around the place and except of an occasional asshat manager or coworker it was a decent enough place to be.

We got some card, completely forgot about that. Haven't checked out the discounts on land rovers, ha!

I really just dislike the ingredients we have, although i have been known to wander by and eat bacon every time i pass it. Oops. My biggest problem is drinking the soda since it's free and wakes me up (i usually have to be at work no later than 7). But the owners of our franchise are not nice people and also have zero idea what they're doing. They owned some McDonalds before and ran them into the ground, bought ours last year and have managed to begin the descent with all 4 stores they bought. They actually drove away our general manager, district manager, hr rep, and almost every shift and department manager. I like my co-workers...i like the flexibility...but i dislike the owners and the food, for the most part. I'll grant that our new salad mix and new grilled chicken are both pretty good, but you know....it's still McDonald's, lol
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bacon McDouble. Actually that was the first thing I'd eaten today. So I guess I had a burger for breakfast.
    Me too! Except minus the bun and some mayo on the side. T'was glorious!!!! :p
  • felixthemaster1
    felixthemaster1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A nice burger with egg and pickles :) I hate fast food burgers, they are more hockey puck than meat.
  • felixthemaster1
    felixthemaster1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    A blueberry muffin

All the food? I hope you saved some for the other paying customers :P
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Homemade blueberry muffin. Still looking forward to something from ColdStone.
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Bagels and lox