Favorite healthy foods...

Options
Sam101my
Sam101my Posts: 128 Member
Let me tell you what I eat..Protein, fiber, fruits, veggies, whole grains, no dairy (just goat cheese and soy or rice milk)...nothing processed, not lots of sugar..I am allergic to eggs, milk, and peanuts. With having said all of this..Please post your favorite things to eat..That I can eat. Go!

Replies

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Steak. Spinach salads. Roasted potatoes.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Apricots
    Almonds
    Watermelon
    Black bean chili with corn
    Apple wheat berry salad
  • Sam101my
    Options
    Great ideas...More?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    original fiberone cereal? its yummy, but processed... or what about expanding your goats milk dairy products to goats milk yogurt? or even vegan yogurt, I hear the coconut milk based one by so delicious is quite nice.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Berries are my favorite thing to eat.

Onions make just about everything better, IMO. :)
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I love soup. I make huge pots of it and freeze half for later. Last pot i made was dried chickpeas, fresh corn off the cob, frozen peas, tofu, and chicken broth. I make chicken noodle and chicken corn soup and a ton of soups with beans and some form of meat (ham and bean, other completely random stuff).

I also make smoothies using frozen strawberries, a banana, blueberries, and a little almond milk, or whatever other fruit i might have in the freezer at the time. Usually pretty low calorie and takes the place of ice cream for me, considering ice cream doesn't mix well with me...lol
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    ooh how about beans? lentils being a personal favorite.
  • Sam101my
    Options
    I will be checking out the goats milk yogurt..These are great ideas...Having food allergies gets hard.
  • melimomTARDIS
    Options
    redwood hill farms is the brand of goat's milk yogurt I see around here, and I live in the middle of nowhere. Its in a big tub, not little cups.