paleo

Options
I was just wondering if there were other people out there that had tried the Paleo diet. I have been reading up on it and thought I would give it a try. For those of you who don't know what it is it's basically what they call the caveman diet. And that means that you only eat food that you would have available for consumption back when you are a caveman. I like the concept I was just wondering if anybody out there had tried it And what your struggles were And if you had success with it.

Replies

• gillian_nalletamby
    gillian_nalletamby Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I suffered from stomach bloating and stomach pains for a long time before I started eliminating wheat, dairy and legumes from my diet. There was a huge difference and I feel much better.

I don't really agree with the theory behind it, I just find it works for me. If I didn't have food intolerances, I would not be eliminating those food groups. I find it quite easy to follow. There are a lot of recipes and info on the net.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    The caveman thing is largely marketing, although the Paleo diet can be great for people who have food-related allergies or inflammations.

I would recommend checking out this group if you really want to see what the diet is about and get a realistic picture of what it's like to follow this eating style; it can be quite restrictive, which can make it difficult for some people to follow. As far as success in terms of weight loss, that's going to come down to a calorie deficit. People lose weight, maintain, and bulk on paleo, just as they would any other eating style.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/37-primal-paleo-support-group