Out with the old in with the new

Options
Hi all. I'm not new, although I am new to the forums. I've been bouncing around on MFP on and off for 3 years, but am starting again. Not like the other times, this time I mean to stick to it (I know, you've heard it all before, me too so come on, back me up!). I've never said hello before and I'm not sure why. You'll probably wish I hadn't so, here we are.

After trying everything (and every excuse) under the sun, I've settled on the alternate day fasting regime (chuckles that I typed that as fating regime first time) :smiley:
I'll give you some background, I work in IT, don't exercise, and am a massive comfort eater. Not a good mix. So, I've tried weight watchers, running, Atkins, 5:2 fasting etc etc ad infinitum.
So, on Wednesday after much reading, watching of documentaries and investigative sleuthing on the research etc, I decided to embark on a new regime using the alternate day fasting system.
Wednesday was....well fun. I remembered what hunger feels like, but, I SURVIVED! Thursday I did well (ish). I decided as I have a lot of weight to lose (4 stone in total is the aim), I'd try, where possible, to stick to 1500 calories a day on the updays. I'm allowed 500 calories a day on the fasting days.

It's currently surprising me as it's only day 4 how natural it feels. I look forward to having a day without having to think too much about food, and it's funny how full you can make yourself on 500 calories.
MFP is fantastic for tracking, I love the app and have talked most of my friends into using it.. My only gripe is that it doesn't allow for fasting days so lectures "Based on your current daily intake you're not eating enough" blah. I am aware of this, and the warning is fine, I get it. But it would be nice if you could tell it there are fast days in there, and it would let you complete the entry. Hey ho, it's a free site and I'm thankful it's here so that's enough bitching for now.
I went out for a meal tonight and ended up having a salad as I wasn't that hungry and wanted a scoop of ice cream.

Wish me luck, it's a looooong road ahead of me.