IIFYM and Cheat Meals.

Options
Hey, i'm new counting macros... so, if I fit my macros with "healthy" food ALL the week, can i have a "cheat meal" on weekends?

Replies

• Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Of course!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I think you're kind of missing the point of IIFYM...i.e. flexible dieting...the idea behind IIFYM is that you can have that piece of cake so long as you're hitting your calorie and macro targets...

That said, I think people way over complicate this *kitten*...there are no rules...get some good nutrition, exercise regularly, and have some pizza now and then...i see little point in obsessing about hitting some macro number bang on. They are good to be aware of in that you can see if your nutritional profile is really out of whack and out of balance...but people get a bit over the top with this stuff.

I don't even log...I just eat really well most of the time and eat my food in appropriate portions...I don't have a *kitten* clue what my macros are and I don't care...I'm pretty damn healthy and fit too.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You are referring to flexible dieting, which sees the whole week as a, well, a whole. IIFYM means that when your macros - and micros - are met, you can eat whatever you want to meet your calorie goal. Cheating would render both terms meaningless. Cheat meals is therefore a redundant term in regards to eating this way.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    vavanana95 wrote: »
    Hey, i'm new counting macros... so, if I fit my macros with "healthy" food ALL the week, can i have a "cheat meal" on weekends?

Losing weight, I needed that weekly cheat day. It kept me sane, and I got results.
    As progress developed, my diet and cheat meals got tighter and tighter.
    The higher our goals, the cleaner we must eat, but there is never any reason to go full food Nazi.

Good luck!
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I think you're kind of missing the point of IIFYM...i.e. flexible dieting...the idea behind IIFYM is that you can have that piece of cake so long as you're hitting your calorie and macro targets...

^^^^Nailed it!!

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    vavanana95 wrote: »

Define "cheat meal".

Everything counts.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    With IIFYM and me... I pretty much have, "unhealthy," food daily and I'm still losing. It's been 2 week since I've had a piece of fruit because I really don't find fruit filling for me.