Help Me Guys. (Questions)

theellarallos
theellarallos Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I am a student, i workout every other day for ten mins. What i am? Sedentary or lightly active? (I lay on my bed all day during Sundays)

I successfully loss 15 kg and i think im loosing more, how do i stop this?

5'3 and a teenager, how many calories do i need?

Thanks.

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Are you 18? Because if not, you need to look into Sparkteens, as MFP has a minimum age requirement of 18.
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Don't worry about wasting your teens counting calories - just eat wholesome foods, don't eat too much crap, listen to your body and let it grow! Too much dieting will have a massive impact on your development (say hello to the girl who is about 2 inches shorter than she should be, with no boobs, periods or oestrogen production...). I wouldn't go below 2000, but eat good stuff and your body will take care of the rest. Now log out of MFP and go live your life!
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Don't worry about wasting your teens counting calories - just eat wholesome foods, don't eat too much crap, listen to your body and let it grow! Too much dieting will have a massive impact on your development (say hello to the girl who is about 2 inches shorter than she should be, with no boobs, periods or oestrogen production...). I wouldn't go below 2000, but eat good stuff and your body will take care of the rest. Now log out of MFP and go live your life!

I'm not saying that someone under 18 should be on this forum, but what about the people that do not want to lose weight.
    It sounds like she is on a unintentional defecit and losing weight she doesn't want to lose.
    IMO it is never bad to count calories and prevend getting underweight.

OP, if you are indeed under 18, go to your doctor and get some professional help. Your body is still growing and you need to take care of it. A medical professional can help you figure out the best option for you.
  • theellarallos
    theellarallos Posts: 4 Member
    Guys. Just so you know. My parents supported with. I was an overweight.
  • worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Well done on getting healthy :) As I said, don't worry too much about counting (and yeah, you shouldn't be on here unless you're over 18). As a point of reference, I am the same height as you, 21, 103lb and maintain on around 2100-2200 but giving or taking a few hundred doesn't seem to have much impact on me. I'm active, but also bear in mind that I'm slightly underweight, lighter than you, and with very little muscle or bone density. So although I'm more active, I would imagine your calorie requirements would be slightly higher. Most importantly, focus on goodness not calories and eat according to your hunger! Lots of junk can mess up your hunger signals. But if you wanted an estimate for peace of mind, I'd put you at anywhere between 2100-2500, you don't have to eat the same amount every day!