Little bit annoyed

Options
Since June I've lost half a stone (142 - 135) and I havent beem able to see any change, my clothes still fit the same and my measurements having changed. Im proud to have lost this much as usually i will lose 4 pounds or so and then go back to normal and put on 5 pounds!

I was just wondering when did you guys start noticing a difference? And is there anything I can do to descrease my measurements?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're losing weight and not just tracking usual water weight fluctuations

I'm not sure by OP
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Oh I think I misread

Start lifting continue to eat at a defecit
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Any downward movement is the right direction if that's what your intent is.

Most people under report what they eat. Make sure you are being honest with yourself. And then have some patience.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't really remember for me when I first noticed a difference, though I have heard that you generally don't see that much of a difference clothes wise and such until your down by around 20 pounds or so.

I think people must have been blind, but I never even got any comments about looking like I'd lost weight until I was already down by about 80. Now that I've lost over 100 I've gotten even more comments.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've lost a stone and am almost comfortably a size down, but i reckon it will be at least another few pounds yet before i can comfortably say I'm a size smaller.
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    Since June I've lost half a stone (142 - 135) and I havent beem able to see any change

I suppose 7lb spread over a whole body wouldn't show much. It would be better if we could lose 1lb from each arm and leg and 3lb from our tummies. I've gone from 146 to 138 but no-one has noticed and it certainly doesn't show when I'm dressed.
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The issue of not finding a difference about how clothes fit simply depends on *where* you lost the weight.

For example, if your biceps contained a lot of fat, and you lost some of that fat but built a little muscle there at the same time, you will neither see a clothes-fit change, nor see a significant physical difference.

Similarly, if the weight was lost around your lower back (yup, "back fat") you won't see it in the mirror, nor will it change how your clothes fit.

As someone else suggested/hinted at, the loss of "water weight" also will have little visible signs.

Since you don't say what type of work you've been doing to lose weight (cardio? weights? walking? lowering calories? some combination of these?) it's hard to provide any further analysis for you. However, as someone else said, any move downwards is a great beginning.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's not that much weight loss to physically see, especially if you're on the taller side..you don't mention your height.

Weight lifting will tighten up you if you're interested in doing that.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I have found that I often will lose weight with no change in measurements, then lose in measurements with little change in weight. Sometimes it just takes time for the body to catch up with the changes.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will help. Imagine your weightloss as peanut butter :smiley:

You lost 7 pounds right? Imagine 7 pounds of peanut butter smeared over your entire body. It's not likely to create a very thick layer is it?

Keep going.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I didn't really start noticing any sort of significant difference until I had lost around 14 kg (30 lbs).

Half a stone is only about 3 kg (7 lbs). I noticed absolutely nothing when I had lost 3 kg.
  • zidine100
    zidine100 Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ive lost over 70 pounds and Ive gone from a sive 38 waist to being able to fit into a size 32 and I personally still do not see much of a difference.

I think its a mental thing, think of it this way you are with yourself 100% of the time hence why any change will not seem that big to you as you see it unfolding slowly and you have time to get used to it. Its hard to explain but im sure you understand what im getting at.

As for a tip to reduce your measurements. Keep going. You've lost weight so you must be doing something right, have a bit of patience, continue on and everything will fall into place. :)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    amyr271 wrote: »
    Since June I've lost half a stone (142 - 135) and I havent beem able to see any change, my clothes still fit the same and my measurements having changed. Im proud to have lost this much as usually i will lose 4 pounds or so and then go back to normal and put on 5 pounds!

I was just wondering when did you guys start noticing a difference? And is there anything I can do to descrease my measurements?

I noticed a difference around 10-15 lbs.
    Be patient.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Usually you notice around the 10 pound mark.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Oh I think I misread

Start lifting continue to eat at a defecit

I totally agree with this.
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice much difference in my measurements at first but then it all suddenly started coming off. Just keep it up and you'll see the difference soon.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Where were/are you measuring? I lost in places I found odd, like my wrists, ankles and fingers. You could be losing inches somewhere that you're not measuring. I only realized I lost fat in those places because my Fitbit was looser and my running shoes didn't fit correctly anymore.

Losing weight without losing inches is common, too, so don't let it stress you out too much!

~Lyssa
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I first noticed in my chest measurement, not bust, but around the band area. I've lost about 20 lbs (now am around 208) and haven't really noticed a substantial difference in the "important" areas. I really didn't start this because I wanted to lose weight in my feet, but my necklaces are fitting a little longer. I'll take what I can get, but it would be nice to lose a little of this belly. Keep with it & maybe take more measurements. I take neck, bust, chest, waist, hips, thighs, arms, and calves.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't notice a difference in the mirror but noticed my shorts fit again after I'd lost 7-8 pounds and are getting to be too big at 15 pounds.

Last night, I tried on a bunch of pants that fit two years ago, were too tight last year, and now fit again :)
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I first noticed in my chest measurement, not bust, but around the band area. I've lost about 20 lbs (now am around 208) and haven't really noticed a substantial difference in the "important" areas. I really didn't start this because I wanted to lose weight in my feet, but my necklaces are fitting a little longer. I'll take what I can get, but it would be nice to lose a little of this belly. Keep with it & maybe take more measurements. I take neck, bust, chest, waist, hips, thighs, arms, and calves.

Snap, in all areas! Whilst it is nice that some of my dresses feel looser in that area, my thighs, arms and stomach are my problem areas and i always lose super slowly from those areas.