Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Obese 20-something trying to lose weight but nothing seems to work :(

Hi guys..am pretty new to this app..i am in need of some motivation/support that can help me to lose weight..I've been trying forever to shed some pounds but instead of losing it,i end up piling on more pounds n its so frustrating..PLEASE HELP ME!!

Replies

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    The best advice i can give is to enter your stats into MFP and eat the number of calories it gives you a day, and invest in a food scale and make sure you weigh and log all your food-food scale is important, as packets and spoons and cups can be ridiculously off, meaning you will end up eating more than you think and gaining instead of losing.

Also, if you are using MFP to log your exercise, it is notorious for overestimating the amount of calories you have burned, so take whatever number it gives you for your exercise and either half or third it and count that as your actual calories burned through exercise. Good luck!
  • maramatoum
    maramatoum Posts: 5 Member
    I totaly understand what u r talking about, i've been,struggling for too long but at the end i found out that i can't keep waiting for others to help i need to help myself
    start with knowing exactly why do u wanna lose that weight?
    and then, give it some time of clear thinking and deep searching and preparation in your head
    ( some may not agree with me, and that u should start immediately never wait☺ but that s what i did and it worked for me ) be ready mentally. think,it thru it will help at least by watching what you eat.
    Research it find out what's good for u , trust me it needs a lot of research
    Losing weight is hard , but if u put your mind to it, it will become more like a habit and a routine if u pass the first few days or the first week, u can make it happen
    Good luck
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Hey girl! Im also fairly new to this journey. I started four weeks ago. I am thirty and would like to lose 160 lbs. Ive noticed that this new lifestyle is a journey not a race. Its taken me this long to tweak my eating and working out with balancing my life too. Im constantly learning. You have to be patient and realize your body is learning and adjusting to new changes. It took a bit for the scale to change and even so ive only lost six pounds. But ive lost inches and am gaining confidence :) be honest with this app and also dont beat yourself up! you cant be perfect. Just keep trying! You'll notice change before you know it! Good luck!
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Nothing you've tried works because you haven't tried to eat less than you burn. It's the only thing that works and its fail proof.
  • Carey03
    Carey03 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm with you.. I'm not really new to POF. 3 years ago I used it to drop over 40 pounds after the birth of my son. Then I had some thyroid issues and I have gained nearly double that back without trying.. it has been a struggle since to even to maintain my weight... when my meds are working and I feel good I lose weight pretty easily but as soon as my body figures out I'm fighting against it, it throws my levels off and I can barely get off the couch so then I become unmotivated again... I've been doing this routine for 3 years and I don't know how to fix it...small steps don't even seem to work.. i want to stay motivated this time and fight my thyroid even when it's acting up... I've been looking up little "challenges" since I'm competitive and that's my motivator. Find your motivator and use it!! There are lots on pinterest, use your resources!